“Charming and just right for us”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #54 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mukilteo, WA
“Charming and just right for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I took a short trip to NYC in February 2010. We decided to stay at the Fitzpatrick because of our budget and the hotel's location. I typically stay in Times Square, but I enjoyed staying near Grand Central even more. We took the subway from Grand Central everywhere. The Fitzpatrick is an elegant older hotel and we really enjoyed our stay there. It reminds me of old New York, and not old in a bad way. I found it quite charming. The rooms though not huge were really tastefully decorated and the bathroom was a good size. Very clean. The concierge was helpful as well. There is a small onsite restaurant in there as well as restaurants and a drug store close by. Grand Central was only a block or two away. Make sure and stop by Crumbs Bake Shop between GCS and the hotel for some fabulous cupcakes!

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Finnish first
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

I stayed at the Fitzpatrick recently for two nights because I needed a clean quiet room close to Grand Central Terminal after some minor surgery. It was a risk to stay at a hotel with a famous pub attached but location was very important. Well, to my surprise EVERYTHING was just about perfect! The staff couldn't have been nicer! I have never experienced such professionalism and politeness from three shifts over two days in NYC. Service was consistently provided at the highest level. I asked for a quieter room upon check-in and to my delight, that's exactly what I received. The room was small but very clean and newly reno!vated. (note there was no safe in the room and I did have to ask for a refrigerator to be delivered, which they promptly and politely did. - The fridge was slightly dirty though - specifically the gasket was mildewy.) I am expected to be in the city with several friends and family in late January and hope to be able to stay here again. (They are planning there lobby renovations in January but the staff was so great, I don't think that would be an issue. I highly recommend the Fitzpatrick Grand Central whether on business, pleasure...or unexpected surgery :) It was so clean

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

Found this hotel by accident - one block away from Grand Central Terminal. Location is great, room was great and the service was outstanding by every staff member I encountered. Rates are reasonable for New York and this hotel is a great value.

CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

stayed one night with wife, travel to NYC several times per year, stay at various hotels. this hotel was fine, great location, front desk staff were all very helpful and polite. we had a newly renovated room which was suprisgly big for NYC ( although not big) location is good for midtown tourist things this time of year. irish bar was also good, had appetizers and drinks. has an out door bar area as well which was nice

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

We just spent a wonderfully memorable weekend holiday in Manhattan and this hotel was one of the reasons it was such a great trip! Perfect location in terms of proximity to events & sights, access to transportation, and safety/security. Staff was incredibly courteous and helpful. Room was nicely appointed, clean, cozy, and spacious (by NYC standards). We'll definitely stay at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central again!

Fremont, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

We love everything about this hotel and are planning a return trip in the spring. The hotel staff was pleasant helpful, the room was sparkling clean, the food in the restaurant was good and the location was ideal. What we paid for the hotel was better than what we expected to find at this time of the year. At first I was worried because we got such a good deal but it was perfection.

2 Thank shagor26
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I travel often and don't write as much reviews as I should but when I see someone misrepresent a hotel, I have to speak up. I stayed here for 2 nights last month. The travelers below obviously don't travel much in NYC to describe the room at the Fitzpatrick as small. As a matter of fact, as NYC rooms go, they are quite big! There are many other hotels in the city that do not offer as much space. The rooms are very adequate and the staff is very accommodating on all levels. The food and drinks are high priced, but so is every other NYC hotel restaurant. There is a McDonald's and Wendy's around the corner for budget minded travelers. Overall, we had a lovely stay. Thank you:)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple