My husband and I took a short trip to NYC in February 2010. We decided to stay at the Fitzpatrick because of our budget and the hotel's location. I typically stay in Times Square, but I enjoyed staying near Grand Central even more. We took the subway from Grand Central everywhere. The Fitzpatrick is an elegant older hotel and we really enjoyed our stay there. It reminds me of old New York, and not old in a bad way. I found it quite charming. The rooms though not huge were really tastefully decorated and the bathroom was a good size. Very clean. The concierge was helpful as well. There is a small onsite restaurant in there as well as restaurants and a drug store close by. Grand Central was only a block or two away. Make sure and stop by Crumbs Bake Shop between GCS and the hotel for some fabulous cupcakes!
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York