Stayed for five nights during a fabulous NYC trip, booked the hotel through BA and it was good to note that many BA staff stay here on their layover.
We always prefer a small hotel over the large and I believe impersonal chains, The Fitzpatrick Grand Central breaks the mould for NYC and they should be congratulated.
The service was friendly and Gregg helped enormously with some directions and shopping tips. However we didn't receive much that others have mentioned, no champagne and strawberries, no chocolates on the pillows... Not sure if we had upset someone.
The attached pub, The Wheeltapper is very popular and busy, ate there once on arrival, it was OK, beers are $8 and wine $10, quite cheap for NYC.
Location, location, location, absolutely perfect, all the major iconic NYC sights are easily walkable, really close to Grand Central Station which made it a breeze to travel from and to JFK for $7.50 each.
Highly recommended as a base for any trip into this amazing city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York