“Great location!”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Ranked #46 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay and the hotel was lovely. The room was a great size with 2 beds for myself and my friend. Loved the pillows! The staff were very friendly and the location is amazing. Right opposite Grand Central Station and a short walk to Times Square etc. The only negative is no free wi-fi in rooms but you can access it in the lobby downstairs. A big thank you to the concierge who was very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth K
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Elizabeth K,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you found our location to be central and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,396)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of January 2014, the location is perfect 10mins from Times Sq, Rockefeller Centre etc. We stayed in the Roma Downey Suite which, although it has view of a wall, was lovely, comfortable and spacious. I can only say positive things about this hotel and front of house staff however we did go to the 'restaurant' one evening, this was our only regret. Our waitress, a middle aged blonde woman was.. not friendly, attentive or professional. We decided to share a steak sandwich but when it arrived I was disgusted - Thick cold white bread with a small piece of steak inside, they didn't bother to toast/warm the bread nor slice the steak, I wanted to give it back and berate the service but my wife talked me out of it. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it, but I wouldn't eat here, and if I was the owner I would not have this lady serving, first impressions last!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JasonWhiteIreland

Dear JasonWhiteIreland,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you found the front of house staff to be friendly but do apologise for the issue you encountered in the restaurant. I have shared your feedback with the staff to ensure it does not happen again.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed at the Fitzpatrick beginning of Feb . The hotel is 1st class , located is second to none .
We were lucky enough to be upgraded however the rooms are perfect size for the length of time you are spending there . The rooms were clean the beds were very comfortable , we had breakfast in the Irish Bar which was good value for money... there is nothing I could fault and being in the travel business would recommend it to anyone wishing to experience new york. Thank you for making my birthday special.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky P

Dear Vicky P,

I am thrilled to see that our location is second to none, being so centrally located makes exploring the city so much easier.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic place to stay and in a great location, right on Grand Central Station. The staff are excellent - friendly and helpful. The Wheeltapper pub has delicious food with a Great atmosphere. I would highly recommend The Fitzpatrick Grand Central, New York!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear fortune6,

I am very happy to readwe were able to exceed all your expectations, I hope you had the opportunity try theheated patio while you were with us.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We've not long returned from a 6 day trip to NYC and stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel - and there's absolutely nothing negative i can say about this place! Its location is probably most in its favour as its pretty much a 30 second walk from Grand Central Terminal - a place where you can reach almost anywhere in New York by train or subway! The room was a good size - probably bigger than most Manhattan hotels and the service was fantastic.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dee_Mack80

Dear Dee_Mack80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Fitzpatrick Grand Central.

I am thrilled to see that we were able to exceed your expectations and agree that our location cannot be beat.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I really cant fault this hotel! Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights over valentines day and I don't think we could have picked a better hotel. Before we even arrived they were very helpful in emailing me various restaurant recommendations for Valentines Day (I would strongly recommend Mortons Steakhouse) Upon arrival they had arranged for Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to be left in our room, the room itself was lovely and our bed was HUGE!!

In terms of location this is perfect, you can walk to pretty much anywhere from here within 15 minutes, the area itself is not massively busy so you feel slightly more relaxed being there after a day in Times Square! The hotel staff are so helpful and will help you out with whatever you need.

We will 100% stay here again! Thank you for helping to make our first trip to NYC so great.

It is also worth noting that the BA cabin crew stay here on a regular basis.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Hayley D,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your frist trip to the city and we were able to make it a special time.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We landed on Monday 17th February and immediately wished we were back at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central. This hotel is by far one of the best we've stayed in. what can I say everything was 110% staff, rooms, cleanliness, perfect location there isn't anything I can find to be unhappy about :-)

We were celebrating both of our birthdays and received champagne and chocolates in our room which started our break off with a high.

Food was fantastic especially breakfast and the atmosphere in the adjoining bar was great. The turndown service was great especially the chocolates. We had a wonderful king size bed that you just sunk into on the 9th floor. Our room faced the front of the hotel but caused us no problems with noise.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough and can't wait to go back.

Thanks again Fitzpatrick Grand Central you made our stay in New York truly fabulous :-)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sam H,

Belated Happy Birthday thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central.

I am very happy to read that you chose to spend you "double" birthday with us and found it to be flawless.