We stayed in Fitzpatricks Grand Central on the last leg of our honeymoon and of the three hotels in the US that we stayed in this was the most disappointing for many reasons. In the other hotels the fact we were on honeymoon was acknowledged and the staff made efforts to make our stay extra special. Unfortunately not only was our honeymoon not acknowledged, the hospitality at check in left a lot to be desired. We found the front office lady who checked us in, and who also happened to check us out (whose name I will withhold), to be very blunt and unfriendly. We weren't welcomed to the hotel and bar being informed of our room number and "the lifts are over there", no further information about the hotel or surrounding areas was offered. I would go as far as to say that our first point of contact in Fitzpatricks was the least hospitable encounter during our three week stay in the US.
We were given room 605 and while we understand rooms in New York are smaller then your typical hotel room, we found the room to be extremely small and not practical or comfortable for a five night stay. There was very little closet space so we were forced to live out of our suitcases, which there was little space for. The air conditioning units were old and quite loud. Furthermore we noticed the linen had a number of holes and stains on it on one of the days and whilst we were confident it was clean, this is not the standard we would expect for the price we were paying.
This was also the first hotel we stayed in our honeymoon where there was no free WiFi and we found this to be a bit miserly.
Whilst our experience with one of the front office staff was disappointing we would have to commend some of the other staff particularly all of the concierge and some of the bar staff.
On the plus side the location is perfect and in walking distance of a number of NY's top attractions. There were also a number of bars and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel.
Overall Fitzpatricks did not live up to its promise of "personalised service, luxurious accommodation and Irish welcome" and it was a disappointing end to our honeymoon given the high standards in the other hotels we stayed in in the US
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York