We visited on 12th to 16th June. On arrival we were allocated a room on the 2nd Floor front which we found really noisy and there was no fridge. We requested to be moved to a higher floor with a fridge (to keep our drinking water cool as it was so hot) and were advised no rooms available that day, but we could move the following day which we agreed to do. On our first evening, we visited the Wheeltappers pub which is attached to the hotel. The bar was busy and the decor is very nice, but the prices for both food and alcohol were very expensive...just outside the hotel are more reasonable, but just as nice, places to eat and drink. The next day we moved to floor 9 which was so much quieter, but unfortunately we still didn't get the fridge! The rooms are very clean and the bed was soooo comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the hotel charges to use wifi so we used the Starbucks at the bottom of the street, no more than two minutes away, and that's free. The location of this hotel couldn't have been better, very central and extremely close to Grand Central Terminal, which itself is a sight to behold and also to our surprise had a food court, very reasonably priced and we took advantage of the 'beer cart' which charged $2.55 for a pint bottle of very cold lager!!! Tip - do buy a $30 7 day metro card pass, which allows hop on/off access to all MTA busses and the subway - which is the quickest way to travel in NY. We felt extremely safe everywhere we visited at all times...the city is saturated with police (very friendly and helpful). We bought a City Pass which gives access to numerous tourist attractions at a fraction of the cost of paying at the door and avoids having to wait in the standard queue. The Fitzpatrick hotel is within easy walking distance to 5th Avenue, Empire State building, Chrysler building (just outside the front door!) and so much more. We would recommend this lovely hotel to anyone visiting NY and if we do return, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York