Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$172
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$330
$305
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
2,471 results
All reviewsnew yorkchampagne and strawberriesgreat locationgrand centralour honeymoonlovely hotelhome from homecentral stationtimes squarelexington avenuechrysler buildinggood sizestayed here for nightsupgraded to a suitesmall hotelbed was very comfortablearound the corner
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A very comfortable and convenient base for a New York stay. Pleasant and helpful staff, WONDERFUL beds and rear rooms are very quiet. The location is especially good. Convenient for buses from airports, short walks to many desirable locations. Decor is elegant and rooms are well equipped and of a decent size. Only one down-side - the charge made for WiFi is high and on the same trip I stayed in other hotels of comparable comfort that offered free WiFi. This seems like an unnecessary own goal and not worth the irritant. Otherwise would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as an excellent location and home-from-home for the business or leisure traveller. The beds alone are worth the stay - exceptionally comfortable!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Fitzpatricks back in November 2012 on a short trip to NYC. The hotel is in a great location and a great base to walk to and from! Obviously Grand Central station is nearby too for the subway, or even worth a visit for the beautiful building alone!

On arrival, we were assisted with our luggage & checked in by a lovely girl on reception. The hotel is Irish owned but maintains a lovely Irish/American feel. Our bedroom was spacious & really clean and the bed was so comfortable! Exactly what you want after a day exploring the city! We visited the Wheeltapper bar for a drink & to meet a friend which was lovely.

All in all a great hotel with friendly staff. We will be back again and have also recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear holiday_queenWe...,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well having stayed in various hotels in NY I have to say this was the best of all of them. Absolutely perfect location since you're a nice distance from the hustle and bustle for it to be 'peaceful' (for New York anyway!) but on the same token the area is not so quiet that you feel vulnerable. Perfect for my friend and I who are two young ladies.Excellent transport links as well being next to Grand Central Station. We also found the Chrysler building (1 block away) to be our guiding light home on many a night! It was my friends first trip to NY and she loved it which I think has a lot to do with the hotel. The beds are to die for and felt like we were sleeping on clouds. The room from experience was pretty large for NY standards and spotless. All the staff were so lovely and we really didn't have a single complaint about the entire stay.

On a sidenote I was celebrating my birthday during my stay and I'm not sure if maybe the cleaners saw my Birthday cards but upon my return to the room I found Champagne and Chocolate covered Strawberries waiting for me. Such a lovely surprise and a yummy added touch. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough to anyone going to NY!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth M

Dear Ruth M,

A belated Happy Birthday and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had gotten tickets to see a play on Sat 4/20/13. Since we live in Jersey we usually go home but I saw a review on the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and decided to make it a long weekend. This hotel is within walking distance to just about everything. The staff was very friendly and the room and bathroom were spotless. I 'm not much of a sleeper, and don't know if it was because of all the walking and fresh air that day, but I fell asleep around midnight and work up @ 8:30am. The room was so quite and the bed was very comfortable. Went down Sun to check out and left our bags by the front desk. The valet brought our car around while we were having a wonderful breakfast in the adjoining restaurant. Will go back again when we're in the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jrbams

Dear jrbams,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Sat in JFK airport and thought I should register with TripAdviser to review the Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel. For first timers in New York for a special occasion this hotel ticked all the boxes. Great location as close to Grand Central Terminal so used the subway to travel a round (very easy). Staff very friendly and helpful, especially Emma-Jane who went out of her way to make sure our stay was memorable. The food is great, try the Irish breakfast its very tasty and the hotel bar is a great place to chill after pounding the streets. The rooms have everything you need and the beds are very comfy. Will stay again on our next NYC travels.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil R

Dear NeilR,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Emma Jane will be especially pleased to read your review.