This Hotel is on Lexington and is ideal for all shopping and site seeing expeditions. The metro is very close and so are all bus stops.
I found the staff very friendly and the rooms are very comfy with flat screen tv / tea and coffee / iron etc. bathroom are small but clean.
The hotel stationary is rubbish, cheap pencils etc.
The wheeltapper bar is atmospheric but very expensive but you must understand it is attached to a hotel. For example steak and ale pie is $19 and simple sausage and chips is $16 and chips are small portions. Beer and wine you need a mortgage. Better to pop down to 2nd ave where there is a wealth of pubs with happy hours from 4 till 8
Internet is charged as well which in this day and age is just a money making system.
Very comfy though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York