First day back in the UK after 5 nights at the Fitzpatrick and I am missing NY already. The hotel is in a perfect location for exploring the city just 2 mins walk to Grand Central station and walking distance to the Rockerfellar Centre and Times Square. Grand Central has numerous lines so it's really easy to get a subway to anywhere in the city. I was worried that there would be a lot of train noise being so close to Grand central but I couldn't hear anything aside from a little traffic around rush hour. There are plenty of shops around the hotel so when you think you've finished for the day you can head back out and do that little bit more!
The hotel itself is small but lovely. The rooms are a good size and nicely decorated. The bathroom has a good shower and shallow bath and a full length mirror. Staff are super friendly and happy to help with whatever you need. A massive thanks to the concierge guys who are so knowledgeable about the city and give you some really good hints about how to get around and what to see. Make sure you ask them for a Macy's discount card as it saves you queuing at the visitors centre for one. They also have VIP passes for Empire State which get you a free souvenir and a queue jump. Don't be afraid to ask them for help as they really know their stuff.
The wheeltapper Irish bar that is connected to the hotel is great for a drink after a long day walking around the city and the outside smoking area is a great chill out zone. I don't smoke but the area is so warm and cosy and without a smoky smell that its a great place to relax and it kept my smoker OH happy. If you are stopping in the hotel make sure you check it out because you won't believe how hot and pretty it is which is an odd thing to say about a smoking area!
I'd definitely stop again and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York