“Girlfriend Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 467 Hotels in New York City
St Petersburg, FL
“Girlfriend Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I try and do a New York Shopping trip every year. We've stayed at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central twice, and are planning a return trip in February. The accommodations are clean, the staff friendly, and the pub homey and delicious. It's well situated, within walking distance to Grand Central, shopping, with easy access to shopping, theater, dining, and oh yes . . . shopping. Highly recommend this warm and inviting hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shmoopi
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Shmoopi,

Thank you for staying at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you are are a returning customer and that you find the staff to be friendly and also enjoyed the Wheeltapper pub.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope it won’t be too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Finnish first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Flying from anywhere to JFK, EWR. Take the NYC shuttle to Grand Central Station! A small fare will make your commute very easy- the shuttle has WIFI also.

Wen you get to Pershing square in front of GCS, you are in the midst of the finest area complete with the GCS market, wine store, restaurants and many fine hotels- the Fitzpatrick was our choice this time and other than the AT&T Internet ripoff (by AT&T), the hotel scores highest ratings from us Canadians!

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff- totally at your service...
Excellent location near Grand Central Station
Rooms are cosy, clean and well equipped
My wife likes the towels although I think they are a bit too thick...
Fine on site Irish pub with outdoor venue also nice staff.

This fine venue is so close to GCS that you might wonder if there was a better location- sure, on the train or subway at GCS!!!

Read my reviews of Ali Baba Restaurant and Fabiola Piccolo Fiore Restaurant down the street (44th) towards the east river/UN!

Room Tip: Pick towards 44th St for view, others overlook the outdoor venue of the restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear JimV,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed you found the staff to be firendly and helpful and that you had the opportunity to sample the Wheeltapper pub.

Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This an Irish hotel in a perfect central location in Manhattan. The room is small but very clean and comfortable. The check in process was quick and easy. The staff was very attentive and was able to answer any questions we had. This is definitely the hotel I will stay at any time I am in the City/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mary T,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received.

Murphy, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

one of the better hotels in New York City. Convenient, comfortable, wonderful staff, very helpful. I have stayed in many Manhattan Hotels, I would recommend The Fitzpatrick to anyone, new visitors to Manhattan or return travelers

Room Tip: Perfect location is higher
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lucie A,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially since you were celebrating your honeymoon, I appreciate your very kind comments about the hotel and the service you received especially and I will be relaying those comments to the staff..

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here early October for our belated honeymoon and It was well worth the money.
The location is very good, opposite Grand Central Station, far enough away from the main hustle and bustle, but yet only a 15/20 minute walk to places like Times Square. the staff were very helpful throughout, always courteous and polite. We made restaurant enquiries with the concierge
One evening and he got to back to us within 5 minutes having contacted the restaurant for us.
The room itself was lovely. Very modern with all your mod cons and complimentary bottles of water and chocolates. The room has its own safe which was important for us as we found when booking that many don't have them allocated to each room at other hotels. The bar seemed popular and was busy most nights so unforunatly we didn't get to try the food there. Overall it was a great place to stay while visiting the city.

The only downside was the lack of communication prior to us arriving..... Due to it being our honeymoon, I had sent a couple of emails prior to our stay asking how much certain extras would be to make it more special. However the hotel never got back to me with any information about this. A slight disappointment but we had such a great time that we can't grumble with the Fitzpatrick overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This is THE best place to stay in New York. They have it ALL!! Staff were AMAZING - especially LYANNE and KELLY. They went the extra mile and really made the difference to our stay. The location was excellent so close to Grand Central Station which made life so easy getting around New York. We had a garden room on penthouse floor (10th)which was great as we had access to a private decking area outside in fresh air. Spotless. 'twas our anniversary and were sent champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate to our room. A lovely touch. No hesitation in strongly recommending this hotel to all. Well done LYANNE and KELLY. They should receive "RECOGNITION " a job well done

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Bernie010,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and I will be sharing your kind comments with the team. I know that Kelly an LeAnn will be especially happy to read them.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel was very convenient to most places we needed to go. The bed was very comfortable I could not get over how great the location was. The staff was very eager to help any chance they could. The bartenders were also very friendly and mixed up excellent drinks for us. The only problem I had was when I called down 15 minutes prior to checking out and asked the gentleman to print out my invoice, when I arrived downstairs I had to yell at the receptionist to wake him up. The worse thing about this situation he didn't have the invoice printed and took another 5 minutes to print the invoice. He seemed to have a hard time getting back on track. Aside from the one incident everyone else seemed friendly and on point.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Sinead b,

I am gald to see that your overall stay was a positive experience but I do want apologize for the issue that occurred during your departure. I will be adressing this situation personally and I would appreciate it if you wouls contact me at pleyden@fitzpatrickhotels.com so that I may fully investigate the incident.