This hotel is the other side of Grand Central station which threw the taxi driver into a flatspin . She couldn't work out why East 44St was a dead end and hit the station - I said take a left then a right then a left on to Lexington Avenue and we should be on the next left - she was amazed and said thanks ! It's a little bit to the left of the main part of the city but 10 minute stroll and you will be in Times Square . I don't think there was anything bad about the hotel at all and I have stopped in London many times and New York a couple of times . The room was clean and everything in it that you would expect . The hotel has an Irish bar attached to it which is nice if you are fed up with looking for somewhere to go for a bite to eat and a pint - just end up back there after a day out and have evening dinner there . The only criticism I have is about New York itself - seems to be getting expensive . Everywhere we went it was about $55-60 for a drink each ( 2 beers) and a burger or pasta - this was at dinnertime and at nightime it was the same . Probably I'm comparing this with England and the two meals for £6 theme but you can go through a hell of a lot of money in three days just having meals .
The concierge at the hotel was brilliant - he will book you any trip you want and even book your boarding ticket for the airport for when you travel home - nothing was too much trouble .You have to get a ticket for 911 even though it's free - numbers are restricted .
Booking tickets for a show on Broadway - we were told to go to TKTS office in Times Square and queue up - complete waste of time - we were offered seats apart ( Rock of Ages ) and said thanks but no thanks . On the street nearby there were people selling tickets from Marriott hotel they got us a good deal and said that TKTS was a waste of time as they get all the crap tickets that are in bad positions .These people take you into the Marriott to get the tickets - they are NOT ticket touts .
I would stop here again as it was a good hotel and the pub attached is good too .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York