“Nice hotel in great location”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Ranked #47 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel is in a great location with comfortable rooms and good service. The meeting room was also very spacious and well appointed. My only concern was that the internet connection was pretty slow.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian C
PatrickLeyden, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Ian C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you your enjoyed your stay and will be sharing your comments with the entire team.

Thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I do hope you will continue to stay with us when traveling to the city.

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My mum and I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights at the beginning of August. We had a lovley stay. When we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful which carried on throughout the entire stay. We asked for help and advice on places which the staff were always happy to help, even printing off ground zero tickets for us. I asked for a fridge for my cupcakes which was given at no extra charge and also helped with ordering a pizza to the room!
All in all a great location 2 mins walk from grand central or within walking distance to most attractions
I had a lovley stay and would return when I save up for my next visit to the big apple

Miss s Tickner

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ticknersteph

Dear Ticknersteph,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you and you mum enjoyed your stay and will be sharing your comments with the entire team.

I am happy to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and the location suited your needs.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband booked this hotel for my 40th Birthday in NewYork, normally I usually book everything, so I was a little aprehensive about it....
I had nothing to worry about, from the time we got there to the time we left , it was the best hotel I had ever stayed in NewYork.
The receptionist knew it was my birthday and also our wedding anniversary, so they made it extra special for us by upgrading us to a suite with Champange ,it really makes the holiday when you get something special like that, they make sure that all their guests are well looked after.
We ate breakfast every morning and dinner on a few evenings, drank in the pub next door and generally had a brilliant time, the food was superb, I think we probably tried most things on the menu, each was as good as the other.
We were in walking distance of everywhere , Times square , Central park and right beside Grand Central.
All the staff from the Manager down were top class,I would highly recommend this hotel, and when I am booking my next trip to Newyork, this is exactly where I will be staying.

Room Tip: If you are celebrating something special, let them know when you are booking

Dear Missymajor,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your husbands choice of hotel and chose to celebrate you birthday with us.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a great hotel - small enough that everyone knows you by name and makes you feel like you are at home. Marilyn and Kelly are always welcoming and Mike at the Condierge's Desk is extremely helpful. Rooms are nice and hotel is conveniently located - I will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors may get more traffic noise but are easy to access from the stairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gary R,

Kelly, Marilyn and Mike will be particularly happy to read your comments.

Thank you for choosing the Fitzpatrick Grand Central and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay, now that we are your your favorite hotel.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was the last stop on our whistle-stop honeymoon tour of USA. Basically this hotel was superb and exactly what you need for a short trip to New York. We didnt arrive until 2300 but the member of staff (Patrick Lennin) who checked us in was superb and really helpful. He recommended the sandwiches which we needed after a flight where United Airlines ran out of food!! They were massive. We also had sparkling wine and chocolate coated strawberries waiting in our room for us as it was our honeymoon, a very nice and thoughtful surprise and it made our stay at the Fitzpatrick even more enjoyable. I spoke to Patrick quite a lot and he was helpful, friendly and polite. I would go as far as saying he provided the best service i received during the whole two week period in the USA and i would like to thank him for all his help during our short stay in New York. As for the hotel, it was clean, tidy and had a home feel to it. The room was just the right size for a few nights in New York as realistically you are not really going to spend to long in your hotel room when visiting such a great city. The best thing about the Fitzpatrick, apart from great staff, the location. It is a 2 minute walk from Grand Central Station and is essentially right in the central of all attractions. You can walk to the Empire State (20 minutes), Central Park (20 minutes), Times Square (15 minutes), and we did and it is the best way to see New York. The attaching bar and restaurant with outside courtyard was really nice (the decor was based on Irish Railways) and served good continental breakfast. All in all a great hotel to stay at for sightseeing in New York. I couldnt recommending it more highly. Finally i would just like to thank Patrick Lennin again for all his help.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C

Dear Cap_Hill_Traveler,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and I appreciate your kind comments about Patrick and the service he provided throughout your stay.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Last weekend had a quick trip to New York. This hotel was perfect. Delightful little hotel tucked away beside Grand Central. The weekend manager was welcoming and genuinely pleasant. The room was especially large for New York, and beautifully appointed. On Saturday night we walked through Times Square,up to Central Park, and back home for a good night's sleep.

3  Thank Cap_Hill_Traveler

Dear Cap_Hill_Traveler

I am happy to read that you found the manager to be pleasant and welcoming.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at the beginning of August and this hotel surpassed our expectations. The location is perfect, being central to all attractions. We were surprised and delighted to find we had been allocated a suite - a huge room, very clean with spacious bathroom and separate lounge area. The bed was large and extremely comfortable. All staff were friendly and helpful.
In all, the Fitzpatrick Grand Central went that extra mile to make our stay most memorable. This was a special trip for us - a 50th birthday celebration. The wine and chocolate strawberries were totally unexpected and very much appreciated: a lovely gesture. We are already recommending this hotel to friends and family. A big thank you from both of us...

Dear Graham H,

A belated happy birthday and thank you for recommending us to your friends.