“Lovely Visit”
Review of The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club
Ranked #195 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in late May.
This was my second time at the club.
Location is superb - Close to Central Park, upscale shopping, and nice restaurants.
Staff are friendly and courteous.
Room was a nice size and clean. Bed was very comfortable. The microwave and fridge are helpful.
The elevators were slower than normal, but maybe because of full capacity.
We had a nice meal in Cityhouse, suprisingly it was fairly quiet.
The fitness centre on the 26th floor is clean and has modern treadmills.
We were satisfied and happy with our stay, and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arsenal11730
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

We were delighted to have had to opportunity to welcome you back to The Manhattan Club on your recent trip to NYC. Our convenient mid-town location makes getting around the city and seeing the sites a breeze; we were happy to learn how much you enjoyed it. Your review is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Manhattan Club in what the refer to as a Metro suite. It was much larger than a typical MYC room with a sitting area, queen bed, flat screen TV. WIFi was free. The fitness center looked great (though I never used it) The lounge on the 26th floor was nice but not overly used. The people were friendly and helpful. We walked to almost all our meals and only rode the sub way to visit the WTC site and to go to Brooklyn to see family. One block to subway, one block to Carnegie Hall, 3 blocks to Center Park, an easy stroll to time square. Excellent choice. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sbamaguy
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Our goal at The Manhattan Club is to not only provide our guests with top notch customer service but also to create a comfortable atmosphere within our suites and a selection of in-room amenities that makes them feel at home. We are thrilled you enjoyed your accommodations and your trip to NYC. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We got a timeshare exchange week at the Manhattan Club and were very happy with our stay. After a week was up, we shifted to another hotel for 4 nights near Soho. But wished we could have stayed all 11 nights at the Manhattan Club.
I'd been apprehensive about some of the reviews I'd read about the Manhattan Club earlier, but we didn't face any such problems. We didn't have anything but normal waits for the elevators, though the doors tended to shut a little quickly. On one occasion my little kids stepped out of the lift, but I couldn't before the doors shut. They were a little scared till I managed to ride back up to meet them.
We were on the 23rd floor looking out onto Carnegie Hall. The one-bedroom suite with kitchenette, dining table and 2 bathrooms was spacious, comfortable and well-maintained. Housekeeping was excellent. One minor irritant was the mixer in the showers. The water was either too hot or too cold... at the right temperature it would be a trickle!
The marketing department called, asking to schedule a presentation visit. But I declined and we received no more calls after that.
The staff were friendly and helpful, with subway directions, suggestions and receiving packages. On one occasion we needed a screwdriver to open a new toy my kids had bought. The staff helped out.
We really like the location close to Central Park. We could walk to several places and the subway connectivity was good to get to places further afield.
There were plenty of stores nearby to pick up snacks for late-night hunger pangs. And my husband often brought back some take-away, as the children would be too tired to go out for dinner after being out all day in the city. The dining table made it comfortable to eat in. We would get breakfast at Fluffy's Cafe and Hello Deli nearby. We didn't try the breakfast served at the hotel.
We had a really lovely stay. And would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Desi_Gal_10

We would be more than happy to have your family stay with us again! It is always our pleasure to assist our guests, whether it is with directions, suggestions or supplying a screwdriver for a new toy. We're so happy that your family was comfortable and enjoyed your week's stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

These are very nice accommodations in a great location. The bedrooms are god size and the bst part is having a kitchenette and sleep sofa area so you can eat in whenever you like. Its clean and well managed. Concierge and Desk Staff are helpful. Continental Breakfast and Bar on the 26th floor is convenient. Overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a view, because some don't have any.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! Our suites are equipped for the comfort of our guests and to make them feel at home. We're delighted that your stay at The Manhattan Club was so great and we hope you will return for another visit soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was my first trip to New York and was going with my daughter and my husband. I had heard nightmares about the size of New York hotel rooms so I was nervous about all three of us being in one room for a whole week.

When we first arrived we were impressed by the very friendy front desk staff and beautiful lobby. The elevator and halls were clean. When we got to our room I was more than impressed with the size. There was an alcove that the queen bed was in and a separate area for the pull-out couch, kitchenette, and table and chairs. The thick push carpet felt great on my feet after a long day in New York, and the bed was great. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious. Not once during our week stay did I ever feel cramped.

The location was nice being a few block south of Central Park and close to Broadway, but I did find it a little far for doing site seeing on the southern tip of Manhattan. We always felt safe in the hotel and around the neighborhood it is in, and there were great places to eat, both high and low end, near by.

The doormen were excellent at hailing cabs, and when we were checking out, the bellmen recognized immediately that my suitcase was overweight. He brought out a scale to confirm this and waited while I transferred items from one suit case to another.

The only negative was that for two nights a group of women were staying in the room next to us and when they came home at 2 a.m. were quite noisey. I don't if it was irritating, or maybe I was jealous. ( I was travelling with my daughter and husband who has a hard time staying up past 10.) I'm sure if I called the front desk, they would of dealt with it promptly, but I don't like to ruin people's fun when they are on vacation.

Room Tip: We were quite high up so we never heard any street noise. Next time for the little bit it is more...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Your first trip to New York, how exciting! We are certainly glad you chose to stay at The Manhattan Club and we are grateful for your many wonderful compliments of our establishment. Our hotel is located in mid-town Manhattan where many of the city's attractions are within walking distance. Guests also enjoy that all forms of public transportation are just outside our door ready to provide quick access to uptown and downtown areas. We hope you will return again soon for another stay in NYC and at The Manhattan Club.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

After reading a few poor reviews about the Manhattan Club, I was anxious about booking using a Living Social coupon, especially during a holiday weekend, but the majority of the reviews were "Very Good" so I decided to try it. I'm glad we did, it was wonderful and convenient from the moment we pulled up to the front door. We arrived hours before check-in, if a room was ready they would have given it to us early. We valeted the car (only $28 for 24 hours!! in NYC, mind you!) and left our luggage at the hotel. When we returned, we had already been given a room, and even our special request had been accommodated. The lovely and savvy concierge helped us locate an appropriate place to eat that evening. I had read about slow elevators, but during our stay, we only waited once for an elevator because we let the first one go not wanting to crowd people already on there, even that was a only 2 minute wait at that.
The room was very nice and clean, with a sitting area and kitchenette (in NYC, mind you!) including a dishwasher and a roomier-than-usual fridge, cabinets stocked with plates and glasses, etc. The bed is adequate, but I have the most comfortable bed at home so I may not be a non-partial judge. Before check out, I looked out the window and saw the a/c units and realized that it was causing the hum I was hearing the whole time, I thought it was the fan blowing in the room, loud but not unbearable, and I am very sensitive to noise. There was also the occasional siren but we had requested a lower level and it is NYC mind you ;)
We do not buy time shares because we like to try new places all the time, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! May all guests have such an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wrinkleintime123
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

We hope that all guests have enjoyable experiences similar to yours when staying at The Manhattan Club. It is always our pleasure to assist our guests however we can in an effort to create the best stay possible including providing recommendations for great NYC dining and entertainment. We hope the next time you are visiting the area, you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We chose this hotel for location. That's the only thing you get. The air ducts were so filthy that dust was flying and making a pile on the floor. The management offered to change our room but neglected to tell us a room is ready and we had to evacuate. Then we had to sit in the lobby in our Pjs. Customer service is non existent and the manager Jason, needs proper training. Do Not Stay Here. He said we could not get dressed because they need to prepare it for another member...without servicing ...I hope they don't have bad allergies because now my left eye is swollen due to bad alergients in the air

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank ricka82

It is disappointing when a guest leaves The Manhattan Club and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. While we never like to read that one of our guests has experienced poor service, we are always grateful for the feedback so that we may address the issues with our managers and supervisors. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.