Tripadvisor
New York City
8,426 results
All reviews park cafe central park times square great location new york carnegie hall subway station an older hotel bit dated few blocks hotel room double room statue of liberty rockefeller center big apple street noise avenue
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

On arrival we ware faced with an extra charge of 80$$.
We had to pay this or could not check in!!!
This extra charge was for WiFi which is advertised as free on most booking sites and set of discounts of no interest to me.
My hotel voucher or travel agent stated this was necessary.
The hotel is under going renovation wich as not informot about
The rooms is very old and the desing the same
The mattress was not comfortable
This is the first 4 star hotel that I stay in that has no coffee facilities, small fridge and not even on complementary bottle of water
The bath has rust around it, leak around sink and in general not well maintained.

Ioannis73
Housekeeping Manager Hotel

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank tsinipizoglou
Reviewed January 21, 2020

The Wellington Hotel exceeded my expectations, spacious and comfortable rooms, pleasant service. They have answered all my questions. I appreciate the treatment received. I will surely stay at your hotel again! Thank you so much!

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Facundo B
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

This is a good hotel in the heart of the city, close to nearly everything from Central Park to Times Square and Rockefeller, everything is a few blocks away. An absolute blessing in itself, making navigating the city that little bit easier.

The check in and check out process was a little bit impersonal as their was only 1 person on the desk at all times we passed it and the receptionists always looking a little bit uninterested but regardless of that, we were checked in promptly. (Be aware they have a $20 per night hotel fee on top of your reservation fee).

Our room was adequate and clean, small but expected due to the fact it was in New York. The bathroom was so close to the bed we could basically walk into it if I fell out of the bed.

Would I stay again? Maybe and we it would only be due to the convenience of how close the hotel is to everything.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 528alisonm
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Couldn't fault the Wellington. A group of 11 of us stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The rooms were lovely. Comfy beds. The cleaning was great room cleaned every day and fresh towels everyday. Location was amazing walking distance to everything.. would stay here again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sheila B
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We stayed here over the New Year. The location can not be beat. The price point is good. The rooms are extremely small. The elevators are very slow. Currently under construction in the lobby area and difficult to maneuver. Unfortunately my personal issue is no coffee maker in room, although not sure where you could put it.

Date of stay: December 2019