7,675 results
All reviews park cafe central park times square great location new york carnegie hall subway station an older hotel bit dated few blocks hotel room double room statue of liberty rockefeller center big apple street noise avenue
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Booked this hotel again for mine and my wife's wedding anniversary. The hotel is not one of the newer structures in Manhattan, but is well placed for transport (subway below) and sited halfway between Times Square and Central Park. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable about the city and the Concierge team was a mine of information. Our room was compact, but clean/tidy and served our purposes for our four-night stay. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Street view rooms are good but be aware that New York is the city that doesn't sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

The location is excellent close the a subway that takes you to the most important points in NY. During the check in they charge you with a 20usd additional fee that they make you believe is mandatory but it is not, and the services included in the fee are not useful (only speed wifi). Rooms and Bathroom towels are too small.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Luciana L
Reviewed October 9, 2018

My overall positive impression of the hotel was all screwed up on the day of check-out when I was informed that my car could not be started. And we never found the person responsible for that.
So, when we arrived to the hotel on Friday we gave the keys to the valet and of course tipped him more than enough not to scratch the car when parking it cos the car was new. My bad I do not remember the name of that valet. So, on Sunday, when it was time to check out, we were told that our car will be given in 15 minutes. After waiting for over half an hour we were told by the receptionist that they could not start our car and since they did not know what was going on they suggested my husband to go to the parking and see himself. At the parking, he found guys having no idea what to do with the car. We tried to find the manager of the parking - there was no one who could tell us that. People in the parking were not helpful at all. So, all frustrated we came back to talk to the hotel manger who firstly said that hotel had no responsibility of what was happening in the parking and he referred me to a security manger. So, both of them tried to avoid any responsibility of what happened. One of them suggested us to go and have the car checked at the nearest garage. Imagine that! We trusted our car to the hotel and they suggest us this. So, they provide a valet service that can break the car but they do not provide the service to have it fixed. We refused to do anything on our own and requested to have the issue fixed by themselves. A few hours later they managed to start the car. It seemed like the valet left sth on and that is why the battery died. When I asked if we are safe to drive back home for 9 hours, they suggested us not to turn off the engine just in case. Haha, 9 hour-drive with two young kids without turning the engine off. The best advice I could hardly receive. Very impressive! Awful service and attitude!

Room Tip: Think twice before accepting a valet service
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 5 nights. Lovely hotel at a good and convenient location. Close to Central Park and with good transport links. Hotel staff were friendly. The hotel has the Park cafe attached where you can get food and drink most of the day and night. Really enjoyed our stay. Would recommend to friends and family!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Coastal367877
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night visit. The hotel didn’t quite get things right regarding our rooms as me and my husband were on the 18th floor and our grown up children were on the 17th. They did offer to try to sort it but we all decided to leave it as it was. I did wonder how a hotel couldn’t get 4 people with all the same surname next to each other especially as I had emailed them previously to request the rooms be together.
The staff were helpful and friendly but the concierge we were directed to about the Circle Line Cruise bookings didn’t know anything about it, he said he just sold the tickets which we thought was a bit odd.
The rooms were on the small side but not small enough for it to be an issue. Comfortable king sized bed. Not sure if the windows were double glazed but due to the noise of New York they need to be triple glazed. Nothing about the hotel spoiled the holiday but I feel it didn’t offer quite enough to enhance our first NYC experience.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family