“Great location, questionable rooms”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #330 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 29, 2009

The best thing this hotel has going for it is LOCATION. Awesome location with a short walk to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, etc. Lots of cafes and delis in the area make for plentiful choices at mealtime. However, I would not stay at this hotel again because I did not sleep the entire time that we stayed there. The bed was rock solid, it was like sleeping on a boxspring without a mattress. You could feel every coil in the center of your back, it was horrible. For the amount of money that they charge, you would think they could afford new mattresses as the one in our room was obviously old and worn out. The small room would have been far more tolerable without such a horrible bed. The heater in our room was stuck on HOT so even though our stay was during a cold spell in December, we had to sleep with our window open because the room felt like a sauna. The bathroom was so small that I literally brushed my teeth while standing inside the tub. For the amount of money that I paid, I expected a better room experience.

2  Thank way2goid
Write a ReviewReviews (7,073)

Reviewed December 29, 2009

The Wellington was a great choice for my husband and I. We checked in and was up in the room quickly and painlessly. The room was small, but clean and nice. The bathroom was tiny but it has everything you need. The location was the best of all. It is so close to it all and the subway being right outside the door is great. Its about a 5 minute walk to Times Square and Central Park. We were on the 20th floor and noise from the street was not a problem. The staff was all helpful and friendly. We will definately recommend this hotel to others and will stay again if we ever go back to the city.

1  Thank sara12202016
Reviewed December 28, 2009

My first time to New York was enhanced by the upgrade received by the Wellington. 2 of my relatives went to New York with me while I was doing business. The hotel and subway location made it so easy to see many of the sites. I loved my stay at the Wellington and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank whoas
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Nice hotel close to Timesquare and Central Park.
Get a room away from the street. The view is bad but there is no noise at all.
Lots of coffee shops for breakfast in the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The hotel was very good. Located at the 7th avenue. we stayed in a very large room with two environments, microwave, refrigerator. Free wifi. Subway just under the hotel!!!! Next to great restaurants (TAO (thai)) and central park. Some blocks from times square by foot, but with the subway just under the hotel, this was not a problem. I stayed last november at the Roosevelt, but it does not (definitvely) compare to the Wellington. Wellington has a more simple looking, but better things to offer, to point out, the free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Best place to stay and be close to downtown. Blocks from the major shopping centers and best food.

Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Stayed 4 nights at the Wellington. Staff was friendly, good location, but the double bed in the room was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. The mattess was so old and cheap that you could literaly feel the springs beneath you. Also, it was snowing and very cold during our stay and heater did not work in the room. When I complained about the bed and heater, the staff told me that was the only room available and sorry for the problem. I reminded them I was paying over $200 a night and I had better mattresses in Motel 6!

1  Thank policekat