“Good location and the right price”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #330 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Canceled flight and needed a place to crash for the night. The location is good, 10 mins north of Times square by foot and close to the subway. Room was dated and smelled musty but could not really complain for the price

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave V
Write a ReviewReviews (7,073)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm sorry to say I was disappointed in this hotel, although I would give it 10 out 10 for location it was the worst place I have ever stayed in on my 6 trips to the USA. The bedroom was small the bathroom was small the air con made a funny noise. On arrival I was unpacking and about to hang my clothes in the small wardrobe but there was that much dust on the rail I had to go to reception ( with dust on my hand to show ) and complain, she said sorry and she would send a housekeeper to clean it while we were out, this did not happen, I cleaned it myself with a damp tissue and took it to reception to show that I had cleaned it myself and she said "sorry" and then " so it's clean then" . Well I thought let it go,the bed although small was clean and comfy and we weren't going to be in the room that much. All in all we had a great hol and most of the staff in hotel were helpful but I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our first visit to New York couldn't have been happier with the location and were pleased with the facilities, very basic, not fancy, but as we were busy enjoying the city it didn't matter. Only complaint was the heater didnt work properly and it was very cold.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Wellington was great. It wasn't fancy but an excellent bargain. The room was nice and clean. The people were very nice and funny and made you feel at home.The staff were very helpful and very friendly They upgraded us to a king room for free without us even asking,The best thing about the Wellington was the location. It was excellent, a block from Broadway, a few blocks from Times Square, 3 blocks from Central Park and a few blocks from Fifth Avenue and of course...right across from the Famous Carnegie Deli. We look forward to staying there again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Sime bathrooms were updated and a bit nicer. You have to go to lobby for ice so you may want to get...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Beautiful old hotel, great location, near restaurants, stores, subway. extremely clean, friendly staff. Will definitely stay here again. The only negative was a noisy heater (which they promise to fix).

Room Tip: If you are bothered by street noise, ask for a room not facing 5th Avenue. However, I would rather...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here in March for 4 days and really enjoyed it.I have been to new york before and stayed in Holiday inns before but this was so much better.Location was great times square and central park is all a 5 minute walk.The rooms were really nice just standard but beds were comfortable and got cleaned reguarly.Arriving at the hotel there was a card and box of chocolates in the room for me.We was on top floor number 23 and had great views.the room was very big with a walk in wardrobe and they organised a taxi back to the airport for us in a big car.Perfect if you just want somewhere comfortable to stay are see New York.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Wellington for two nights in a room with two double beds and two bathrooms - one had a tub/shower and the other only a shower. It was definitely an older hotel and hasn't been updated terribly recently but we did not find it to be dirty at all. The beds were clean and pretty comfortable, the location was wonderful - really really easy walk to Central Park, Times Square, and any subway line you may need. One of the bathrooms did have an issue with one of the sink faucets (but really who cares...). For the price (we Priceline'd this hotel!) this was a fantastic options for a couple nights.

Room Tip: It is $60/night to upgrade from one double bed to a two double bed room so even if you upgrade after...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family