“Great staff no problems” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #326 of 467 Hotels in New York City
North Syracuse, NY
“Great staff no problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is in a great location with a wonderful staff. Check in was a breeze. I was given complimentary upgrades because I asked, and they could. I wish I could remember all the staff's names but I can only remember Andy. He was quick to take our luggage off our hands and get us to our room. The room was a touch dated but very clean. I would definately recommend to a friend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just needed a place for one night in NY and booked this hotel on their web site due to the fact that this was about 50 USD cheaper than other 3 stars in the similar location and they also promised free Wi-Fi for booking at the hotel website. What a mistake!!! Check in, check out was very slow with some people behind the counter doing something instead of helping long line of clients. Room they gave me was actually hudge. Some kind of two-rooms suite with a bed in both rooms, two TV's and coach with small desk in one. But it felt like it is 100 years old and DIRTY. I was actually afraid to seat on anything or even put my staff on the coach so unclean it felt. To top this up it was no heat at all in both rooms when I moved in (not suprisengly as the heaters they have should be consider an antic by now). It took two hours and two calls to get someone to the room to finally fix it. Bed was extremly uncomfortable and I had a headache all next day. May be from the bed? Or may be from these heaters? And this free Wi-Fi :))). It worked on its own schedule, total for two hours total during the stay. Few calls to "support" did not change anything. I was told that they know about the problem and are trying to fix it. They were still on it, 20 hours later when I was checking out. Well, location was great...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Wellington Hotel is an affordable and comfortable hotel in Mid-Town New York. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms good with plenty of hot water. I have found no evidence of bed bugs, having stayed there 3 times in the last year. The hotel is well located next to a subway station. The staff are helpful and pleasant. My only two criticisms are that there is no free Wi-Fi (although it is available at the Starbucks across the road) and there is no in room safe for storage of valuables. These aside, the Wellington is a great place to stay in New York.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is a 3* so don't expect all the bells and whistles - but it's clean and extremely well located - what more could you ask for? After all, you'll only be sleeping there!! I would recommend that if you're there for more than a few days, if you can afford to get at least a Queen sized double (rather than a standard double) you should, because the rooms are fairly small and you won't have anywhere to put your suitcase!! We were there 5 nights (on another note, I would say that one downside of this hotel is the 3-day cancellation policy - we were delayed by two days for two different reasons through no fault of our own, but as we didn't know on both occasions until the day before, we still had to pay for the room, which is a fairly hefty whack!!) and the room was comfortable for that length of time. We were on the 17th floor as I had requested a quiet room. It wasn't too bad noise-wise - well I suppose it's in the middle of NYC! I did use earplugs too though - taxis seem to like blowing their horns for no reason... Very close to the subways, including the E-train from JFK. Don't bother with the hotel breakfast - although it's very nice (we had it one morning), you can get nicer and much cheaper just a block away at Fluffy's. Very close to both Central Park (and so not too far from the Met, if you don't mind a reasonable walk), and Times Square (Broadway) as well as 5th Avenue and all the expensive shops, we were able to walk most places we wanted to go. Tip if you're using the subway - up to 4 people can travel on one metro card, and it works out a bit cheaper if you do that rather than buying separately. I would recommend the Wellington. Oh, one final thing - if you book online, you get free wifi. Do this if you can as it's otherwise another expense and although we knew NY would be expensive, it was even more so than we expected...

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter - there are 27 floors in this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a long and exhausting flight to New York we were shown to our room at the Wellington. The room wasn't what hey promised in the brochure but being tired we spent the first night there. After contacting the reception the next morning to complain about the type of room they put us in they provided a nice suite with kitchenette, sitting room and seperate bedroom in another part of the hotel. This room was very spacious, clean and noise free. Very good location to explore this beautifull city. Situated nearby Central Park and Times Square. More than enough good bars and restaurants nearby when you want to spent an evening nearby the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EmielMel
Lugano, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is placed very good for Subway, near Fifth Avenue, Timne Square and Central Park. The room are confortable but the first we get was dirty. They change it with a renewed one very noisy. A this point I didn't want to change for one night again (it was just after Sandy) and we stayed there. My impression is that the level of rooms are very different. The door of the room were on both cases not "safe".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good hotel in a fantastic location. Down the road from Times Square and a few blocks from Central Park. The Subway is close by but I ended up walking the length of Manhattan anyway. Used the Subway for time saving later. Staff are very efficient. The concierge flagged a yellow cab for me one night when I had to go to Dangerfields using a ticket I bought from a guy in Times Square by chance. Asked the concierge what they were filming in the next block. He said it was a Robert de Niro movie. Turned out to be New Year's Eve. Had to walk by them everyday since they set up. Amusing! The hotel was great but my room didn't have the best view but I'm not too bothered about that. I would definitely stay here again. Stayed here March/April 2011.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo