“Dont stay there, horrible place”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #328 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just stayed there for the last 4 days, the only good thing about this hotel is location, rather than that this hotel is a rip-off, room was dirty, internet coverage was bad and expensive, the room carpet was dirty, it seems that was never refurbished since the 1950's!
Bathroom small and very old, windows air conditioning! terrible noisy.
And as always with New York hotels prices are a rip off....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took my partner to New York as a birthday treat.After checking out countless hotel reviews I settled on The Wellington.After hearing a few horror stories I expected the worst.We arrived mid afternoon and although there was a queue it only took about 15 minutes to check in and the staff on the desk were very pleasant. The room was big enough for the 2 of us although there was very little storage space for clothes etc.The decor was a little dated but hey who comes to New York to stay in their room and look at the wallpaper? There was no coffee maker in the room which was a letdown as both my partner and I drink heaps of the stuff when we're on holiday.Despit the fact that its on a busy street the noise levels were quite low and we never troubled by late night revellers and doors being banged at an unearthly hour.The upside to this hotel is its location 15 minutes walk from Times Square and 2 blocks from Central park.There is also a resteraunt attached to it which is quite reasonably priced by New york standards.Overall it was better than I expected and it was well worth the money that we paid.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chorleyk
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a trip to NY this September 2012 and booked Wellington mainly for the location and the website where the rooms in the pictures they show looks okay. What would be my surprise... HORRIBLE HOTEL!!!!. The lobby smells and looks so old, the elevator small, old and durty. The room was just discusting, I couldn't even sit in the bed. The bed had two sheets one trying to cover the mattress which was short cause I could see how durty the mattress was and one to cover yourself.

My flight was delayed, I arrived @12:30am and I had to use their Free internet( the only good they had) to look for another hotel. Thanks God! Sheraton which is like 2 streets from there had rooms available and @1:30am we had to walk to sheraton. Wellington charged me one night even I stayed in the room for 1 hour... Guess I didn't care because all I wanted was to leave that horrible place.. more time there and I would probably get sick. Sheraton is two streets from this discusting hotel, and is Nice, clean, good service and great location... My advice DO NOT STAY HERE!! I travel for work all USA and this is most horrible place I have ever seen for $258.00usd ++ per night.. Discusting is the word to describe it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Shearim G
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is in a really good position.. the staff are helpful and the reception area is welcoming. My room was just a little bigger then the bed and the bathroom was in need of facelift.. we booked last minute, so it was pretty expensive for what we got.. but beggers cant be choosers! We did save money on taxis though as it is really central

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just returned from the Wellington and the location was perfect and the rooms were fine. We were only a few blocks from Central park which allowed us to run every morning and the best thing was we were only a few blocks from times square. We walked into our room 1047 and we had 2 separate rooms with 2 bathrooms. Even though there were only 2 of us you could possibly bring 2 couples and be somewhat in completely different rooms. Flat screen in both rooms. Rooms were clean. You can tell this a older building but they have done several upgrades. We were across the street from Carnegie Deli! Awesome! The concierge desk was also very helpful and brought me a ice bucket out when we needed it. Breakfast place was also attached to the building but several around the hotel as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tennishoosiergirl
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beautiful Hotel on arrival, and Free UPGRADE! also had FREE wi-fi offered! we was quite high up and we didn't have a look out just a Wall on all windows lol, but we wasn't interested in that, and it was very Quiet, Best to be higher up you don't hear noise of Traffic much!

I reccomend the Food at the Hotel Restaurant, STEAK is Gorgeoussssssssssss.... and Breakfast Pancakes and Syrup WOW big plate full couldn't eat it all...

America is very Big for Fast food, but this Restaurant is lovely! Stay by at it... Very very central you can see Time Square and you can walk up to it within minutes... not very far at all... Walk straight up and it leads you to EVERYTHING! and very close to Central Park too...

We love NY and this hotel impressed us both me and my mum and I must say, this Hotel is in the HEART of NYC

Room Tip: Higher up is Best, Lifts are small, I wouldn't say ideal for Big Wheelchairs, but lovely Hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mapoo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Typical classic NY hotel..small and old rooms but well cleaned and maintained. Great location, Central park just behind one corner, Times square behind the second one. At least 2 close subway stations and one just under the hotel. Very important to point the concierge service.. they will send you just to any kind of bar/pub/club you wish.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple