4 people are viewing this hotel
$259
Free cancellation until 06/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$259
Free cancellation until 06/04/22
Traveluro
$213
Official Hotel$233
Priceline$259
travelup.com$250
5,189 results
All reviews east river queensboro bridge roosevelt island new york junior suite central park sloan nyc subway diner doorman earplugs lexington neighborhood ave
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019

My husband and I drove down to NYC for a quick Memorial Day weekend trip. We picked the Bentley because it was very affordable, and it definitely exceeded our expectations. When we arrived around noon on Saturday, our original room was not quite ready, and we were offered a free upgrade to a suite--sweet! Our room on the 17th floor had a great view of the Queensboro bridge (loved the huge windows), and the bed/bathroom/etc were all very nice, clean, and comfortable. We were mostly helped by Jonathan at the front desk, who was super friendly and helpful. We only stayed one night, and ended up parking in the garage right next to the hotel just for convenience--but turns out it's highly recommended, since hotel guests get a discounted rate. We were going to go ahead and take our bags to the car after checking out so we could spend the rest of the day in the city, but during checkout the staff immediately offered to stow our bags, which was a great option.

For transportation, we used a combination of walking, Lyft and public transit--we saw a show at the Metropolitan Opera House and the almost 2-mile walk was actually very lovely, going right through Central Park. Brooklyn was only 30-40 minutes away on the subway, and East Village about 20 minutes by Lyft. We didn't really do much in the immediate area of the hotel, but it was still very conveniently located.

Room tip: Our 17th-floor suite had a great view!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara G
Joseph_M_AHG, Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2019

Thank you for your review and I am glad you had a wonderful stay! We are so fortunate to have an outstanding team here who are very helpful and truly enjoys what they do. Please reach out to me directly for your next visit. I will ensure another 5-STAR experience on your return.

Alopez
Gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Bentley many times and it’s my hotel of choice on the upper east side.
The front desk staff is very accommodating and friendly, as are the others in the staff. Jon was there on Sunday/Monday and he will do everything from run out to get your luggage to get you into a river view room if available. The garage is a minute away and wonderful rates for guests. Their gym is always a welcome treat when the weather prevents running along the river pramanade.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theodore D

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was pleasant. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2019

There are so many good things about this hotel, but the experience of staying here was very much average to me compared to my experience in many other hotels around the city. The room is small but comfortable. The bed was just fine, and the bathroom. The view from my room was not interesting -- the Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital across the street (which was convenient for me because that's why I was in the city for these three days). And the hotel is nicely located: it's just a two block walk to get down onto the East River promenade. A beautiful place to walk or sit or, if you are of a mind for it, jog or outright run. Front desk staff were very friendly, helpful, and efficient. Housekeeping was the downer. When I first moved in, everything seemed fine. Plenty of towels, soaps, etc. But the second day, the housekeeper left me no hand towels and only one face cloth. On the floor I found a piece of plastic like you find in a new men's shirt collar that someone had dropped and housekeeping had never picked up. Also, on the second night another couple moved in next door and that night and the next morning I could hear all of their conversation and phone calls clearly through the wall. I also noticed during the night that there are always sirens going off because of the proximity to several hospitals in the neighborhood. If you are a light sleeper, you will have some trouble here. (I was on the 8th floor, by the way.) The other thing that was not so good was the elevator. In the lobby there are three elevators, but only one of them stopped on the floor where I was staying, and in busy times they are quite slow. So, all in all, I would say this hotel is about average, though it has the appearance of wanting to be something more than that. Would I stay here again -- oh, yes, when the price is right.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ronaldrjanssen

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback.

We look forward to being afforded an opportunity to rectify this situation for you.
All the best,

Joseph M.
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

The visit was for medical reasons. And this hotel was recommended. Overall it is nice. Great location with access to major highway and streets no problem. I spoke to staff regarding an issue. Very pro

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZtheRealtor

Alopez
Gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

My family and I visited New York for the first time and the hotel really made it a trip to remember for my mums birthday. We had a room on the 18th floor with a lovely view of the bridge.Sveta arranged for alcohol and a card to be left in our room as a birthday surprise for my mum. It really made my mum smile and we all had the best holiday we have had in years. The staff go the extra mile for guests and Sveta really is a credit to the company :) thanks again!

Trip type: Traveled with family