“Great Find Upper East Side” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bentley Hotel

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #250 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brandon, Florida
“Great Find Upper East Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Hotel Bentley. We had a great stay with a very friendly and professional staff (front of house and back included). Room was spotless everyday, only wish I had a better view for the 5 day stay.

There is a car for flat rate of $35.00 to airport, includes all fees unlike cab who will charge for extra for tolls. Used cabs back to hotel and rates were not bad. It is a 15/20 min. walk to Lexington for subway starting your day but you might want to use a cab after a long day. There is repair work going on outside hotel but does not interfere with your stay or sleep. Plenty of hot water after a long day even with 3 people. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear 101monty,

Thank you for the detailed review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you enjoyed your experience and that your room was spotless and comfortable. Our staff is committed to providing the best service possible to all of our guests. I appreciate your suggestions on area transportation. This is useful information and I am sure the Trip Advisor community will appreciate it too. We want our guests to do all of the necessary research before choosing a hotel, and we are confident The Bentley is a great choice for any traveler coming to New York. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

After my last stay, I moaned about the wifi service that the hotel offers. The Manager of the hotel personally phoned me to sort the situation out.

I was very impressed by this as usually management say they are going to do something but then they don't. I was welcomed back, I felt welcomed and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay once again.

The room was clean - from the bellhops, reception to the very friendly chambermaid who also came back in the early evening to do the turn down service, all I can say is "Thank you"

To the Manager, Mr S. Thank you for rectifying the problem with regards to the wifi as well as the service that I received from your staff. I thank you for this and I am letting the public know that if something does go wrong that the hotel does actually put things right. Should something go wrong then there is always an alternative as your staff go beyond to fix it.

I feel that the staff on the day of my quibble must have been an off day as all came right in the end.

I look forward in returning and by now you would have 2 even more satisfied visitors to the Big A who recently stayed at the Bentley.

Thanks once again.

Room Tip: Try the river view as the rooms on the street could be noisy if the traffic gets redirected due to t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear John A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer. Guest service is our passion and we want to make sure that the service and amenities we offer are tailored to the specific needs of our guests. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great staff, so friendly and they genuinely seem to like working there and with each other. That is your first touch with the place. But I reserved a room at the price quoted on the website. Then when I arrived I was told I would have to pay a $50/night upgrade fee for that type of room. Disappointing. Also it is very noisy. They give you ear plugs but the traffic noise is significant. And the walls are pretty thin and you can hear your neighbors. If you can get a room on the bridge side of the hotel I think you will be better off.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Mary B
Dear Mary B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It seems that during the reservation process there may have been confusion regarding your room category reserved. Please note that we did not increase your rate and the upgrade you received was complimentary. I have also sent you a private message via Trip Advisor to confirm. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley or would like to discuss your experience further, do not hesitate to reach me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very comfortable hotel with a good help desk service.
Not so far from Central Park, 5th Avnue, near the 1st, it is nevertheless far away from the nearest subway station.
Very smart experience. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear NoteTrip,

Thank you for the review of The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that the service and location of the hotel met your expectations. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bentley the next time you travel to New York.

East Hampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have been staying here regularly since August. My husband undergoing treatment at local hospital. Since this has been a trying time, the only good thing from this ongoing experience is this great hotel. Everyone has been great. We would highly recommend this hotel for very personalized and caring service. I have gotten to know some of the staff and must say Roopesh at the front desk, and Frieda, at the coffee bar, among other jobs, are the best and most caring people we have ever had the pleasure to meet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gail J,

Thank you for the great comments from your experience at The Bentley Hotel. Our staff is committed to providing a comfortable and relaxing experience to all of our guests. Many of our guests are here for treatment in the surrounding hospitals. During these challenging times, we want our guests to feel at home. I am glad that Roopesh and Freda are able to provide this feeling for you. If you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to context me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Bentley Hotel.

Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We arrived at 2 pm and unfortunately our travel agent had not booked a two bedded room for us - we asked about the possibility of this and were told yes it was possible but the room would not be ready until much later in the afternoon and there would be a $30 a night extra charge. That was a bit disappointing. As it was our original room was not ready either and we had to wait an hour, which is fine as check in is not till 3 pm. I had to approach the reception again when no-one came to tell us the room was ready. We were approached twice by the mini bus driver trying to take up back to the airport, he was directed over to us by the reception staff.

The room was excellent, though we did not have much of a view, The room and bathroom were spotless and fresh towels were provided every day.

The staff that I encountered were polite and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pauline M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that our staff was able to find a double-bedded room for you. We have many room options all designed to meet the needs of our guests. It is always a good idea to call the hotel prior to arriving to reconfirm if you are making your reservation through a third party. It is great to hear that your room was comfortable and you found our staff to be friendly and professional. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Rooms were perfect ! Had an awesome stay for my friends bachelorette party! Prime location! Would reccomend to anyone looking to stay in the city with the rooms not to small ! Happy about it being spacious

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Kristend1216,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At The Bentley Hotel, we a selection of room categories with various layouts all designed to meet the specific needs of our guests. Our standard rooms start at approximately 275 sq ft. which are larger than your typical New York City hotel room. I am thrilled you and your friends enjoyed your experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.