“Great home base”

Ranked #241 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Red Hook, New York
“Great home base”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at The Bentley 3 times int the last 3 weeks. I can not say enough about the staff, room size, cleanliness and location. Chelsea was extremely helpful and kind. We plan to use The Bentley often in the future due to its value and location to Sloan Kettering. It is our home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear CC2inRedHook,

Thank you for the review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that Chelsea and the front office team were helpful and kind. We offer a comfortable and relaxing experience to all of our guests and especially those visiting Memorial Sloan Kettering and nearby hospitals. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority. Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Bentley and if you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.

Joseph Rauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, clean, and overall FRIENDLY. It has gorgeous views, although it is a little bit out-of-the-way from downtown. It is absolutely set apart by its staff, and it's manager, Su. She made our stay absolutely amazing, and I've sense returned to this hotel multiple times thanks to her service. I'm a very savvy traveler, and visit New York as well as other places often for business, and it's rare that I will go out of my way to request, or book a specific hotel. Every single time I am in New York I stay at Bentley solely for the customer service. The views are gorgeous from the top, the food at the restaurant is great, is extremely clean, and it's a good location if you need to go to the bridge, but the staff there is what absolutely sets this place over the top. We were upgraded at no additional charge, The staff was extremely knowledgeable about recommendations and information about the rest of the city, they were extremely helpful when it came to bags without asking, every single room service request we had was answered very promptly, they hold open doors for us, they get us coffees and taxis at our request, and overall are some of the friendliest staff as ever come into contact with. Su and her team are by far above and beyond, and I'm convinced that she's the reason that this place runs so well. As long as location is not a dealbreaker for you, this would be my top recommendation in the entire city.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here In Jan 2014 for 4 nights with my husband.The location is great as it's a walking distance from all the major tourist attactions, and it's only a few blocks from the subway.

The rooms are not quite as seen in the pictures on the website, they are tiny, which isn't the biggest problem as most the time you wanty to be out and about in NYC. However, the cleanliness is not up to standard either. I don't think our room was vacuumed at all during our stay.

The walls are paper thin and 3 nights in a row we could hear the people in the next room talking until early hours of the morning. One night it was so loud we had to ask the front desk to tell them to be quiet. Front desk were very attentive!

Although the service is great, this hotel just lacks that something....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Betul O,

Thank you for posting a review from your January stay The Bentley Hotel. Your comments regarding cleanliness are certainly not in-line with our Housekeeping standards. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will address accordingly. Our standard rooms start at approximately 250 sq ft which is larger than your typical NYC hotel room. In addition we offer a few different room categories all designed to meet the specific needs of our guests. We would love for you to return and experience a different type that we offer. Send me an email and I would be happy to help select the right one for you. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience, do not hesitate to contact me at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Bentley Hotel.

Tomball
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel was under construction. This was only learned upon checking into the room. Was advised construction would not begin until 9am, yet it began by 8am most mornings--which was prior to my waking hour.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Myrtis Q,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. Please note that we are certainly not under construction. We are however, cleaning the windows and exterior of our hotel to maintain our outward appearance. This work should not be noisy and we have addressed with our vendor. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience, do not hesitate to contact me at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. I sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Bentley Hotel.

Haddonfield, Nj
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We chose the Bentley because of its reasonable Saturday night price and proximity to our son's apt. We were very pleased with our clean and modern, room with very good bed and linens. Pleasant and attentive staff. All in all, a fine choice. Location was good for us, but being all the way on the East Side, it's quite a hike to most museums, shops and midtown attractions. One plus though for being away from the action: our 7th floor room was very quiet

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Car0l12,

Thank you for the great feedback on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you found our hotel to be a comforting and modern during your NYC visit. Our staff understands the importance of comfort and is committed to providing the best service to our guests. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. They love to receive recognition for their efforts. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. We hope to see you the next time you visit your son.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bentley for our 3rd anniversary over Valentine's Day weekend. I mentioned to the staff that this was a special occasion when booking and they made it a weekend to remember. I can't stress enough how wonderfully friendly, helpful and accommodating the Bentley staff was. From the surprise room upgrade and bottle of champagne upon arrival to the roses that one of the front desk staff ran to a local florist to buy for me at my boyfriend's request, the staff bent over backward for us.

The room was very clean and stylish and the bed was extremely comfortable. Now, the bathroom was somewhat small (what do you expect in New York?), but it was clean and got the job done. The bonus was the bathroom products. They were nice smelling, high-end toiletries and housekeeping so graciously left us extras.

I did notice the thin walls that others have mentioned, but I only overheard one conversation coming from next door when I was standing by the closet. Generally speaking, it was quiet and the staff, other guests and street noise never bothered us.

The location leaves a bit to be desired if you want to use public transportation. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere on the Upper East Side. We had to take cabs everywhere. However, it was relatively easy to catch a cab. Since the hotel is literally on FDR Drive, it was quick sprint to Midtown.

Overall, it was a great stay at a great hotel. I would definitely stay at the Bentley again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river on the side closest to the Queensboro Bridge for an AMAZING view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Newsdiva,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am sure you did a lot of research before selecting a hotel to celebrate your anniversary and I am thrilled you chose ours. It is awesome to see that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you and your boyfriend. The more we know, the better we can take care of our guests. We have some great people here all dedicated to providing excellent guest service. I appreciate the detailed review and I am sure other travelers will as well. Thank you as well for calling us “first class”- we like to think of ourselves that way too. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in the Bentley Hotel for 4 nights then returned for 1 night after a few days in Niagara Falls. The Bentley is in a great location, quiet, but a quick taxi ride to all the tourist sights. We had cause to call out a doctor while we were there and the staff were more than helpful. The doormen (in particular the older man) and reception staff were brilliant. We had no milk in our room but a call to reception and milk was brought to our room within minutes. Would recommend the Ritz dinner a 2 minute walk away for a fab breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear christinedoug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that our front office team had a positive impact on your experience. We are lucky to have a staff of genuine and humble people all committed to providing quality guest service. We are here 24 hours a day to assist with any request. Thank you for the great comments and we hope to see you soon.

gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com