“Ok”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #186 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The only good thing is that after being put in what was no bigger than a cupboard we were upgraded with no charge or fuss but we had no sugar milk or stirrers to make tea or coffee with on second, third or fourth day that was charged for too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. Our standard rooms start at approximately 250 sq ft which is larger than your typical NYC hotel room. Nevertheless, I am glad that after your initial experience our team was able to upgrade you complimentary and find a room to your satisfaction. If you ever need assistance at our hotel, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.
I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back as I am confident your next stay will be a great one from beginning to end.

Joseph Rauer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,079)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very nice place to stay ...close to Sloan Kettering. Within walking distance to hospital and nice restaurants. The room di smell of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Overall I would use the hotel again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Eva D,

Thank you for the review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. We take our guest’s feedback seriously and will use your comments in an effort to learn from your experience and make necessary improvements to our operation. Our hotel is a smoke-free environment, so the report of the smell of smoke is unusual for us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will address accordingly. It is good to see that you would like to return and overall enjoyed your stay with us. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at The Bentley for 5 nights in February 2014. Below are the pros and cons of it from my experience, and then my conclusion:

Pros
* good price - I booked using British Airways Executive Club. It cost me about 16,000 a night. Very good for Manhattan.
* Friendly and helpful front desk staff.
* Good nearby restaurants, corner stores for inexpensive but healthy meals.
* Has an adequate gym.
* Good location for accessing outdoor running routes.
* Bed was firm
* Didn't charge for the internet

Cons
* Internet was down sometimes, but then it was at some of the Starbucks I visted too. Internet service at many hotels in the USA is shameful.
* US$75 cab fare to Newark Airport at 3am.
* Little space on the desk to work

Conclusion
I would stay here again on points if the rate stays the same. Hope they make the internet free for all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lg_Chikwambo
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Lg_Chikwambo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the location, service and amenities we offer met your expectations. It seems that fitness and wellness is important top you and I am pleased that our fitness center and food and beverage options worked for your needs. When the weather gets better, there is a great run on the East River with a spectacular view. Please contact me directly at jrauer@amsterdamhospitality.com if you ever need assistance at The Bentley. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A gorgeous boutique hotel, very stylish rooms & decor throughout. Had a high suite on 19th floor which I requested as was a treat for hubby's 40 so good city views. Unfortunately no bridge or river views but to be honest the room was so nice and we were hardly there during our 2 night stay so wasn't worth wasting time complaining about. Bed & pillows were really comfy. I was suprised tea & coffee were not complimentary as have never been charged for that before in a hotel. That aside I would definitely come back here. The rooftop bar & restaurant was really nice, didn't get to try the food as our plans changed but it looked good and I had a delicious refreshing cocktail. very nice staff throughout the hotel.
It's a nice area, set away from all the hustle and bustle. we don't mind walking so took about 30 mins in the morning for a nice relaxing stroll to central park & got taxi back in evening as our feet were tired from all the site seeing. Nice diner down the road for breakfast. The pics are all as they are on the website so you can rest assured it is clean and modern.

My only prob was trying to contact the hotel before, there is no email I could locate and although I called to try and sort out the room upgrade a few weeks before, I was told they would email me back which they didn't. Got a good deal online and was overall very satisfied and would consider it value for money. Had to leave a charge on my credit card which should be refunded as didn't purchase any mini bar items so it is meant to be charged back within a few days. Just hoping there is no probs with that! Other than that, I recommend this hotel if you want a little luxury at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor & a river view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Daydream01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is awesome to hear that the location, service and amenities we offer met your expectations. Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husband’s 40th birthday with us. I am thrilled you had a memorable experience. I appreciate you sharing area details and suggestions. I am sure other travelers will find them useful. I apologize that you were not able to contact us prior to arrival. We send every guest an email confirmation upon booking which also lists hotel and area information so that guests may explore before arriving. In addition, if you ever need a contact at The Bentley, do not hesitate to reach me at jrauer@amsterdamhospitality.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great property that is well-located! I am a returning guest several times over. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Accommodations are clean, comfortable, and very attractive. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 98Judy55

Dear 98Judy55,

Thank you for the great comments in your review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that our friendly staff was helpful and accommodating. I will be sure to share your review with them. They love to hear recognition from our guests! Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you will return. We will be here when you do!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Large, sleekly decorated, clean rooms with gorgeous city views. Close to all upper east side attractions, yet away from the central city buzz. Located at the entrance to the FDR Drive and close to a couple of big hospitals, so there is honking and sirens. Great on-line room deals. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl S

Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. It is awesome to hear that the location of the hotel was perfect for you. In addition, as you know many of our rooms offer spectacular and unique views of the city. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have a chance to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to New York.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a family member admitted at the Hospital for Special Surgery, I stayed three nights at the Bentley Hotel, they were very helpful, they are close enough to walk to the Hospital and it's safe. The Bentley is clean, modern and an excellent value. I recommend it for anyone staying in NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Fred H
Joseph R, Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Fred H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. It is great o hear that you were comfortable while away from home and visiting your family memmber at the hospital. I appreciate your feedback and hope you return when you have a chance to enjoy NYC under different circumstances.