“Bentley hotel”

Ranked #240 of 466 Hotels in New York City
REGINA
“Bentley hotel”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel was good value for the money but was not very soundproof. The hotel provided ear plugs and you could hear other guests when you were using the bathroom and you could hear the traffic from the very busy FDR freeway.. A night there never seemed to be any hot water. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. There was expensive wifi and local calls were not free. The lobby was very small but serviceable. The view from the 16th floor of the river was nice. About 5 blocks to the subway.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a river view are nice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hello Debbie D,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Bentley. We pride our selves on being quite a soundproof hotel, considering its proximity to the FDR. Sorry to hear that you felt the bathroom wasn't very soundproof and you experienced some hot water challeneges. Hopefully our maintenace staff were able to address and resolve the challenge.

Thank you for your kind words about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Those are just two things that are major focuses, of ours. We do hope to see you back here at The Bentley at some point in the future and wish you all the best, between now and then.

Kind Regards,

John S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A hidden gem in Manhattan. Excellent rooms at reasonable price and responsive staff. We had friends in town for an event and they booked 29 rooms at the Bentley. Everyone was pleased with the accommodation and value. The Bentley was close to our venues so convenience was helpful.

Room Tip: Many rooms have views of 59th st bridge
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello bmc443,

Thank you for your business and we certainly appreciate the 29 rooms were were so kind to bring our way. Thank you as well, for sharing your positive experience on our Trip Advisor page, accoaldes are always appreciated and very rewarding.

Great to hear that our location was close to your venues, proximity is key, especially when your events / meetings are not being hosted by the hotel.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel, in the near future.

Thanks again and all the best,

Quogue, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel primarily serves the East side Manhattan hospitals, and it's great for that purpose. There are no restaurants or stores on York Avenue so that requires a short walk one long block over to First Avenue. The decor is grim-to-serviceable, the common areas including the elevators and some things in the room are showing some wear. The bathroom is pretty good. The room itself was quite clean so overall this hotel is a good value for the money if you need a place to stay for a hospital visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Christopher D,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Bentley and for sharing your feedback on our Trip Advisor page. Many reasons why guests choose The Bentley is due to its unique location and being away from the "hustle and bustle" of Manhattan, but yet very convenient to access.

We are happy that you found the hotel convenient, clean and overall, good value for price paid. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bentley.

Wantagh
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband had surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in early February. I decided to stay in NYC overnight. The Bentley Hotel was conveniently located and priced well. It was an excellent choice for my situation and I would make the same one in the future if needed again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Hello Karen G,

Thank you for choosing The Bentey Hotel and for sharing your very positive experience on our Trip Advisor page.

The entire Bentley team wishes your husband a speedy receovery and do hope we have the chance to welcome you back, in the near future.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here because it's close to Sloan Kettering, where I needed to be very early Saturday morning. When we arrived we parked at a public lot underneath the hotel. The exterior of the building is apparently undergoing renovations, and finding the entrance is a challenge. We were told that we couldn't have room service or visit their restaurant, because it was closed down; would have been nice to know that before we booked!

We had a "junior suite". I have no idea what qualified it as a "suite", unless it was the club chair positioned in the corner of this long and narrow room. I know why it was "junior" because it was smaller and tighter than most regular rooms. The bathroom was tiny...I mean really small.

The decor is contemporary...if you're from 1980. Furniture is run down and ragged. The bed might have been comfortable, but I wouldn't know because sleep is impossible. The heat in the room had two controls--for some odd reason. Neither worked properly, and the one that did ran all night long. It could not be adjusted and sounded like a jet engine.

This is NOT a high quality hotel. The condition is ragged and doesn't feel like it's clean or customer-ready. For example, in the hallway near our room we had to maneuver ourselves around piles of boxes that were obviously being stored there.

I once was forced to stay at a really crummy motel to attend a friends's son's wedding, because I booked too late. That's always held "WORST EVER" in my mind. The Bentley is in second place on that list. There are much, much better places to stay in Manhattan for equivalent prices. I'd pass on this place unless and until it gets its act in order.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Aurora
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Came down for the superbowl. This place is perfect . 2nd time I have stayed. This is my go to accommodations when I come to New York. the staff are great and make you feel at home. Highly recomended..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John S, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hello Chad M,

Thank you for your loyalty to The Bentley Hotel! Too bad your Broncos took a "beating" and quite honestly, didn't even show up for the game. I can only imagine, however, how amazing Superbowl Blvd. was and the festivities associated with it.

We thank you for sharing your perfect experience with us on our Trip Advisor page and look forward to welcoming you back!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I loved my stay at this beautiful, friendly and well located hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind to me. I was treated like royalty by Jose, Roopesh, John, Chelsea and Robert. They made what was going to be a difficult trip for me into a pleasure. I loved my room, I loved the views but I especially loved the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York. If I could give it more stars, I would.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LASR01
John S, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello LASRO1,

The team here is thrilled that you had such a great experience with us. Thank you for the individual "shour-outs" to Jose, Roopesh, John, Chelsea and Robert. Together, the team really does excel in customer service and this is their ultimate goal.

We do sincerely look forward to a return visit from you, in the near future. We wish you nothing but the best, between now and then!

Kind Regards,