“Thank You” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #249 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Barnegat
“Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was in NYC because of family and our need to be at Sloan Kettering Hospital. The service at The Bentley was outstanding. They were very empathetic to my needs and very accommodating to my spur of the moment plans.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Scarlett B
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Scarlett B,

I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyable during your recent visit with us. Thank your for your kind words, I will be sharing your review with the team. We that everything with you and your family are well. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit . Happy Holidays!

The Bentley Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

For the last couple of years I have set up a corporate meeting in New York and we have stayed at the Bentley Hotel. I wanted to say what a pleasure it is working with Jae and the Bentley staff. Very accommodating, responsive, and personable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Maureen R,

Thank you for you kind words. I am happy that Jae was able to assist you and that you found my staff to responsive and helpful. That's why were are here : ) I will be sharing this review the team as they will be humbled by your praises. Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful holiday! and we hope to see you soon.

South Setauket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The most comfortable beds. Very clean. Friendly staff. Convenient if you are going into Memorial Sloan Kettering. I love the fact that there is a coffee bar, I have to have coffee in the a.m. There are plenty of place s to eat in the area. Although it is a hike if you are looking to do some shopping.....we weren't so it was perfect for us.... Would definitely stay there again....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Lisa S
Dear Lisa S,

I am very happy to read that you found our beds to be very comfortable . Please know that our beds are custom designed and made just for our hotel. I am also happy to know that our staff went above and beyond to assist you. I will share this review with the team . Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you soon again. Happy Holiday!

Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Overall very good. Wifi costs you a few dollars and it's very slow. Also the AC is in the room is pretty loud. Despite these small problems I would recommend staying here. Very clean and stylish rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Runarinn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us at The Bentley. I am happy that you were pleased with our staff and services provided during your recent visit. Please know that we are currently working on plans to improve our services to better accommodate our guests. I will share your review with them my team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy Holiday!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5nites with my fiancé the first week in December!! The place was sooooo lovely and the view from our room was just AMAZING! Def request a room with a view of the bridge!! The staff were so friendly and helpful!! The doormen wer so attentive and once while pouring rain, insisting we stay under shelter while he stood out in the rain himself hailin us a cab! Can't recommend this hotel enough! Def will return again :-)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Shirl84,

Thank you for your kind words. We do our best to accommodate our guests very well. I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful . I will share this review with my team as they will be humbled by your praises. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon again.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

You know that all hotels are going to be expensive in Manhattan but this one really proved to also have the appropriate value for it. We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade into a suite which constisted of a living room and a bed room. The design of the bedroom was really stylish.
We didnt take breakfast because it was too expensive and we wanted to experience breakfast in different places(try le pain au quotidien).
The hotel is in perfect walking distance of most must see places.

We spent 7 days here in April 2011. The app made it impossible to chose this.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear bjorn78,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at The Bentley Hotel! We’re so grateful for your exceptional review. We do our best to make our guest feel at home and I am happy that we were able to upgrade your room. We will look forward to welcoming you back again and again!”

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wow! What a disapointing hotel. I really don't know how this could be a Four Star hotel. I should have known before I got their yesterday when I called the "Concierge" for a restaurant recommendation. She referred me to an Italian restaurant nearby that was an glorified pizza joint. When I said I wanted something nicer, I was placed on hold for 5 minutes and then she asked for my phone number so she could call me back with some "great" recommendations. Never heard from her. Got to the hotel at 7:30 p.m. and there was no one to take my car or luggage outside. Had to find a lot myself. The room was ok, but no free wi-fi and they charged $2.50 per cup of Keurig in the room! For breakfast they only had a small converted bar area that sold coffee and crappy bagels and such. How does a "4 star" hotel not have a restaurant? My wife ordered a room service breakfast which I saw them bring in from outside in a stryofoam container. Cold and awful. I used their Gym and it was warmer outside (it was below freezing today) than in the gym. Asked two staff to turn on the heat and they looked at my like I had 2 heads. First time that I checked out of a hotel that the person at the desk didn't ask me "how was my stay?" I guess they get tired of hearing complaints! Unless you enjoy being basically on the FDR drive in a hotel that is covered in scafolding and was really unimpressive in all respects, I would stay someplace else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear hdiamond,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at The Bentley Hotel. I am sad to know that you were not happy with your recent stay with us. Please know that we are currently planning ways to improve our product to better accommodate our guests. I would like to follow up with you and get more details about your recent experience with us, please feel free to contact me at 212-644-6000 so that we can discuss details. Thank you.