“good location good staff”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #208 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great location, within walking distance to hospital and cancer center and restaurants. The entire Staff was great, front desk helping with directions,recommendations for restaurants,unexpected 2nd night reservation after having checked out, bellman getting us taxi and leaving our bags after checkout to go return to cancer center for appointment was so helpful. Several parking garages nearby.Walls of room a little thin. Television reception not the best. But the attentiveness of the staff makes up for it. Small bar in lobby with refridgerated cooler to purchase soft drink,juice or snack with small courtyard to sit and relax was just what we needed. check in and out was a breeze.Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: room right across from elevator walls thin corner room quite spacious very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear windsor234,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and everybody was able to accommodate you to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city. Should you be needing assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Esmee K.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,920)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Bentley is a Ian Schraeder wanna be but pulls it off in a little less costly manner. Yes, it's on York, a few block off the hustle and bustle but for the price, it's good deal. Don't get a room too far upstairs, the restaurant/bar can get loud at night. Also, give yourself a few minutes at the elevator, it takes awhile for it to come and go. It's also popular with the Euros.

Room Tip: Rooms 007 and 008 are the suites
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Sticknrudder47,

Thank you for the great comparison and your kind review about your recent visit. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed while with us. If you need assistance for future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me, I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

When every I can afford a quick trip to NYC. I stay at the Bentley Hotel 62nd and York 1st ave. Not too far from Central Park, 2nd ave lots of eateries. I try to stay on 14th or higher floor looking over the bridge or a corner view of the city..Bed and pillows are to die for..Comp shampoos/hairdryer/tv iron etc in room. LOVE IT.Its very very nice..Walk up the str toward the park and check out all the brown stones, grocerie stores right up the str...My favor rest Rosa Mexican..go there!!!, Hotel is clean, and my view this time WOW. If I can find a deal at the Bentley, thats when I stay. Bathrooms are clean, lobby up to date stylish, high ceiling with open area. Stylist decor, friendly front desk well dress. Dining room for breakfast or dinner. parking around the corner. Nice view of the east river, and 59th str bridge. You can take subway on 59th or 63rd to Jamacia Parson to catch the Air tran to JFK, or to go downtime. Easy to catch a cab..They always have a fresh NYC apple waiting for you. Keep looking for the deals to stay at Bentley, then go play..Oh and Tal Bagels is the place to get your lox and bagel... just want to say thanks to the guy that allowed me to print out my plane inf..i had lost it and needed to check in and print it out.. You rock..
and the best is the boutique.. Its nice to know I can leave my bags after chk out, (12noon) walk around the city then come back to pick up my bags then go home. Thanks again John Sinclair and staff..I ask and you deliver..thank you

Room Tip: Always be looking for a deal at the bentley or promo codes..its worth it..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank raine123

Dear raine123,

I am so glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a much better one than last time. Thank you for giving us another chance. I really appreciate your great review on trip advisor and am happy that my team was able to make you comfortable during your visit. I will definitely share you comments with our stay since your words are really refreshing and motivating. Please contact me directly should you be needing any future assistance, I will be more than happy to welcoming you back on one of your next trips to NYC.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel was lovely. Staff was very attentive. Check-in was very easy as was checking out. We had 2 rooms and the air conditioner in one went out but they very quickly had someone up to fix it. All in all, very nice and well worth the money, by New York standards.

Room Tip: Talk to the hotel directly. Ask their advice if you are unfamiliar with the area or chain.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear macioci15,

Thank you for your great review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your visit and that my team was able to assist you with all your matters and made you feel comfortable. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time your travels bring you to the city. We look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My room was on the 18th floor facing the bridge... What a view and the staff was AWESOME. The front desk clerk was very attentive after my horrible yellow cab ride. The cab driver thought I was heading to Harlem aka Uptown when he picked me up on 34th street. We argued the entire time, because african american males are treated unfair when attempting to grab a cab. However, the staff at the Bentley was very sensitive to my situation.

I can't wait to return to the Bentley Hotel.

See y'all soon thanks for the 5 Star Treatment.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reggie F,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant cab ride, when you are coming into town next time kindly reach out to us so we can arrange a transfer for you. I am very glad that you felt welcome at our property and had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for the christmas eve, staff was very friendly. Room was clean and nice. View was nice too and there was feeling the christmas atmosphere. Restaurant was nothing special not just food but service. We saw on the waiters that they didnt want to be there. But not very close to the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear dudko41,

Thank you for your great review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to New York.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Booked here because of price plus proximity to daughter's new Upper East side apartment. For my purposes it was a good choice. I wouldn't call it a 4 star because the amenities are 3 star. The room was large enough and clean (I think) but so dark that I really couldn't tell. I'm sure it looked clean and contemporary whenever this property was refurbished but it is showing wear and some lack of maintenance (trash and cig butts at the entrance; worn carpets; missing room numbers; dusty dried/silk flowers in hallways; wrinkled lamp shades). But the linens were clean and fresh, decent toiletries, well stocked mini bar. Ice must be delivered by staff and coffee/tea can be purchased downstairs along with a few expensive 'breakfast' foods. I found it very quiet in a 10th floor corner room and the bellman was very helpful with directions and cabs. I was pleased with my experience and my needs and expectations were met so I'm sure I will stay here again.

Room Tip: HIGHER floors are quiet and the southeastern side has views of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear MsVB,

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback on trip advisor. We always try to improve our standards and level of customer service therefore we definitely appreciate your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to the city. Kindly contact me directly should you need assistance for future reservations, I will gladly assist you.