New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #251 of 475 Hotels in New York City
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Cheap but great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a great option for budge travelers! Was a great location for the price - only a 10 minute walk until your in the thick of it all! Also a great diner just up the block and a Starbucks.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Fridge and hairdryer also provided!

All in all a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear maree1093,

Thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us and I hope to be welcoming you back soon when your travels bring you to the city.

Esmee K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great deal. Our stay was perfect just watch for additional charges which when questioned were taken off. Try "the smith for breakfast 2nd ave @51 st fabulous go early or
Call to get a table. I diner up the street was terrible and dirty

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Dlm711,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stay 2 nights at the Bentley and it was fantastic. The check-in staff was so sweet and accommodating to not just us, but even the grumpy people in front of me. On the first night, the front desk called a near-by restaurant and asked them to stay open a little later so that we could have dinner there. We also had a few drinks downstairs and the bartender was very generous with his pours. Our room was very nice. We had a great view on the northwest side of the building. We were a little disappointed that there was no room service and because the on-site restaurant was kosher, they did not have breakfast on Saturday (even though it is advertised in the room). The restaurant has fantastic views, but is pretty pricey and we just got drinks. Other good restaurants can be found a block or so away. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Higher up the better, but bridge views let in a lot of sun and may be hot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ecknight88,

I am so happy to hear that your recent visit was pleasant and you had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that everybody was able to assist your needs and made you feel comfortable. I am glad you also found great restaurants and bars nearby, we truly are in a great neighborhood surrounded by culinary gems. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to the city, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bentley hotel was clean and well furnished. The staff not very efficient during our stay toilet got blocked the second night and it took two requests and 1 and 1/2 hours before someone came to look at it. The second issue was the light bulb needed to be changed in the bathroom and once again it took two requests before someone came to fix it. We were at the front of the building and even though we were on the twelve floor you could still hear road traffic.
Overall the room was good the service and efficiency definitely needs some work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear sandra s,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your requests were not fulfilled in time and that you didn't feel as comfortable as you should have while staying with us. I definitely appreciate your comments as we are always trying to improve our level of customer service. Next time your travels bring you to the city please do not hesitate to reach out to me so I can personally take care of you. I look forward to welcoming you.

Bayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at the Bentley frequently and have never been dissatisfied. I recommend this hotel to my family and friends all the time. I have probably stayed at a minimum of 50 hotels in NYC, and the Bentley is now the only hotel we will stay at. The hotel staff are always smiling and willing to help. John Sinclair the manager will even help with luggage or hailing a cab during busy times. Julian at the lobby bar is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kerry S,

I am so delighted to hear that you have a great experience every time you are staying with us. Thank you for your great feedback, I will definitely share it with all my team members. Comments like these are always very refreshing and motivating. Thank you very much again. For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I look forward to welcoming you.

Astoria oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

However, many of good eating establishments, of which there are many from fine dining to cheap 2.00-3.00 breakfasts and delis are a good 3-4 blocks up the hill of New York blocks.
The subway is on Lexington and
60th. A healthy walk but is worth it if you have your New York walking shoes on.
Rooms are very nice big windows views of the river and from some spots views of the 59th street bridge that makes you" feel groovy."

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Journeyman644,

Thank you for your great review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. I am glad you had a wonderful time staying with us and my team was able to accommodate all your needs. I look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you into the city.

United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the Bentley and was disappointed by cleanliness of room (my room was supposed to be non smoking and clearly someone had smoked in it). But most annoying was the lack of free wifi anywhere in the hotel even in the lobby! My room was overlooking queensboro bridge and the traffic noise was very loud. The windows are not sound proof at all. I left this hotel not feeling like I had stayed in a 4 star hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Thucydides1
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear grenouille77,

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay fell beyond your expectations. We have converted into a non smoking property almost about 2 months now so it is very surprising for me to hear that there was a hint of smoke while you were here. If you could provide me with your stay details I will be more than happy to further investigate.
Cost for internet access is something we continue to closely evaluate. Our internet is 12.95$ for 24 hrs and when comparing our services to our competitor hotels, we are still relatively low in comparison to most NYC 4 star hotels that also charge this service.

I do apologize that the street noise caused you troubles and how it may have effected your stay. Please do reach out to me next time your travels so we can ensure a most pleasant stay next time your travels bring you to the city.