“Our New York Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #248 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Miami Beach, Florida
“Our New York Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel to NYC at least every 6 weeks, and always stay at the Bentley-which we consider to be our Manhattan home. The service has always been welcoming, warm and attentive...and the view is outstanding. We would recommend The Bentley to everyone and anyone visiting New York.

The Koss Family.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Brigitte A.,

Thank you for your great comments on trip advisor. I am so happy that you always have a great time staying with us. Thank you for making the Bentley Hotel your home away from home. We truly have a great team of employees and I am so proud that you feel the same way. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance for any future inquiries. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Esmee K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff and lovely room with a wonderful view of the Queensboro Bridge. We recommend to use the hotels services when you are going to Woodbury Common if you are a group of four. I would definitely go back and stay at the Bentley Hotel when I am going back to New York.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Linda L,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us on while being in New York. I look forward to welcome you back next time your travels bring you back to the city.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's a very pleasent hotel. The Bentley is located on the Upper East Side, nice and safe neighborhood, but a little too far from the metro. The staff were always very helpful. We would like especially to thank Su, who made all the difference during our stay.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Jan S,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We certainly do appreciate your comments. I am glad you had a good time. We look forward to welcoming next time you are visiting the city, please reach out to me personally for future assistance.

Rättvik, Dalarnas Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Bentley is a modern hotel, with à really nice restaurant at the 21 nd floor. We were three persons and got a Large room with two twinbeds.
Great view over the river!
Only thing a bit negative was that it is situated to far East on Manhattan.
Otherwise we recommend Bentley warmly!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Jan S,

Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visit NYC 8 times a year and stay exclusively at the Bentley. Courteous staff and management, clean rooms with some spectacular City and East River views make this a comfortable place to be. I love it's upper east side location which is convenient for getting around. I also appreciate that their rates are always competitive and often lower than comparable hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Tram and get up as high as you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Barry W
Esmee K, Front Office Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Barry W,

Thank you very much for your great trip advisor review about your experience at the Bentley. We feel elated to hear that you always feel special whilst staying with us. Thank you for your refreshing and encouraging feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to the city to pamper you again.

Esmee K. and the Bentley Hotel
Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm currently sat in room 1805 writing my review of this hotel, I thought I would do it whilst its still fresh in my head.

The staff are excellent, friendly, full of advice and nothing is too much trouble for them. I suspect those who have had problems may be down to personalities. The room we have is small but it's what we expected, still plenty big enough for our needs as we only have luggage for 4 nights.

Regarding the location, it's well within easy reach of of lots of things to do from the hotel lobby we were on 5th Ave in 15 mins, Central Park the same, we only used the subway once as we found the walk more appealing. Last night we walked to Times Square and it took us under 30mins easy. I have read some strange things about the location in some reviews and I can't begin to imagine it would take 30 mins to walk to Central Park unless done backwards.

The only downside to the hotel for us was the restaurant, we were really looking forward to using it but on the two instances we visited, it was closed both times. Perhaps a notice in the Lobby detailing when it was closed for private functions would have been a good idea.

For breakfast we used the Ritz Diner which is about 3 mins walk up the street, good food at great prices and I would recommend it.

Had the hotel Restaurant been available and served good food, I would have probably scored this hotel five stars.

We will use this hotel again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QuakerChesterfield
Dear QuakerChesterfield,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and were happy with the service that was extended to you. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the facilities as well. Your words are very encouraging and refreshing and I will definitely share your great comments with all my staff members. Even more so I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit at the restaurant and I will definitely bring this to the attention of our executive team. Next time your travels bring you to NYC do reach out to me. We look forward to welcoming you in future, let me know if I can be of assistance.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I love this hotel. The views are fantastic, the beds are VERY comfortable and the staff is unbelieveable. I've never had a bad experience at this hotel and have been staying here one night every week for the past four years. It has the feel of a boutique hotel, but away from the hustle bustle of midtown. It gives you the experience of a residential neighborhood as opposed to hotels tucked between office buildings. In the four years I have been a regular here, there have been MANY management changes, but the consistency of having Peter Gallo (manager), Adda (bellman), Jose (front desk) and many others, make the changes inconsequential. Management could learn alot from the employees who have maintained the delightful atmosphere in this hotel. For the price, you won't find a better hotel in NYC!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the southeast corner. they are more quiet than others. second favorites are on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kathryn M,

I am delighted to hear that you are always having a great time when staying with us. Thank you for your great compliments and words. I will definitely share your feedback with our team. We truly have a great team of employees and I am so happy to hear that you feel the same way. Thank you for choosing us as your number one hotel in New York, we truly appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to NYC. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Esmee K. and the Bentley Team