“Great Service”

Ranked #175 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at NYLO. Nice room, but pricey and very small. When I got home 7 hours after checking out, I discovered I left my phone charger. Called the NYLO and they transferred me to Mr. Rivera, security supervisor. He had the charger and sent it to me through UPS. Great experience. Thanks

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Anns18
Mark M, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Anns18,

I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more to see that Mr. Rivera was able to retrieve your phone charger.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to NYLO soon!

All The Best,

Mark Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at the NYLO on a recent trip to NYC. This was our first stay as we were dropping off a student in NYC. The room size was very large for NY and we had room for all of our college gear as well as comfortably able to move around. Our room was on the street (4th floor) and it was relatively quiet. The location of the hotel was very convenient with many amenities and restaurants near by. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear jasmyntea,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review outlining our spacious rooms, and our ammenities. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you, and your family back in the future!

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

NYLO is conveniently located on 77/Bway. Very easy to the take 2 or 3 express train at the 72nd station. One block away are plenty of restaurants, dessert places. Hotel staff are very pleasant and helpful. A few times I asked for extra bath towels and I got it promptly and even received a follow up phone call to double check. There were plenty of outlets for smart phone/ipad charging which was helpful when I had so many devices. Since there were 4 people in my party, I stayed at a queen queen suite that has an extra den (about 100 sq ft) attached to the room which gave us a little bit more space. The only complaint I have is the really small bathroom. I wonder if this is the only suite with such a small bathroom because my neighbour's bathroom wasn't as small. Other than the bathroom, i really enjoyed my stay and I would come again.

Room Tip: Higher floor is always good. This is a residential neighbourhood so not too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear lokseenfung,

Thank you so much for your detailed review about one of our Queen Queen Suites. I'm glad to see that we met your expectations, and hope to exceed your expecations again in the future.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again!

Best Wishes,

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Phenomenal location, and great hotel. Try to stay on one of the upper floors 14-16. The roof top lounges are awesome. My only complaint about the whole place was the Air Conditioner units. Extremely loud when they kicked on. Loud enough to wake you up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ACGHD,

I'm glad to see that you therougly enjoyed your stay with us here at NYLO New York City!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Upper West Side in the future!

Best Wishes,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our four-night stay at NYLO hotel. We stayed in a deluxe king room and were lucky enough to score a corner room. This meant we had four big windows so it was a beautifully light filled room. It did have great blinds to block out the light when needed though. The bed was super comfy and we could've spent all day in it if things like the Natural History Museum & Central Park weren't calling. Not to mention Zabar's just a few blocks away, the best food shop EVER! We booked the hotel over four months in advance of our stay so we scored a pretty good rate which included free wifi. There were a few downsides. There is some serious renovations happening to the building next door which included some intermittent jackhammering each day, starting from 7am one of the mornings. This is clearly not the hotel's fault and hopefully the work will be completed soon. One front desk staff member was quite short with us on our departure and we weren't sure why. Maybe she was just having a bad day. Also, the cleaner didn't do a particularly good clean during our stay. The room was clean when we turned up but other than make the bed each day we couldn't see anything else being done such as sweeping/vacuuming the floor and wiping down bench tops. It's no big deal really but it would've been nice as it's definitely not a cheap hotel. We would recommend this hotel to those wishing to stay in a lovely, quieter part of NYC.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe king room and ask for a corner room if you can
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark M, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear ElleandElleWilson,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay.I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience caused with the construction next door, substandard departure experience and housekeeping service. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

NYLO is a clean boutique hotel in a great location. The rooms are small and attractively decorated. Our bathroom was huge in comparison to the size of our room. The hotel staff was helpful, relaxed and aimed to please.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear joanl746,

Thank you so much for your awesome review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you for the recognition of our team here at NYLO. I will be sure to pass along the word to them, as they greatly appreciate it!

All The Best,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in July for 5 nights and relaxed into our second stay. Last year they were still renovating the lobby area but managed to provide a quiet, comfortable stay. So we came back. We had a Deluxe King on the 5th floor and at first felt let down. Our first stay was on a high floor with an amazing view of the Hudson River. Getting over the view factor, staff was super friendly and always helpful. Bed and bedding are total luxury and love the hardwood floor. I have asthma and appreciate every effort this hotel makes to clean the room so well without any scent. Bathroom on small side but, shower is excellent. The safe is on a low shelf next to the bed. You need to kneel on the floor to use it so not well thought out. But location is terrific! Close to Central Park, subway, shops and museums. A real treat was so many great restaurants in walking distance. We rarely took a taxi.One night we easily walked to Lincoln Centre to see a great play too. Lounge is nothing to celebrate but, go to the terrace with a bottle of wine and look at the view. Check for specials and get the Deluxe King or Suite.

Room Tip: Check for specials and get the Deluxe King or Suite. High floor makes a great experience better with...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yrush
Mark M, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear yrush,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!