“Great Location and Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #183 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sussex, United States
“Great Location and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had a wonderful experience staying at NYLO! The staff is fantastic and so helpful. A nice touch was them offering us umbrellas on a wet morning! The location on the upper west side has easy access to the Metro stations and is in a quieter part of town. Great restaurants at the hotel and in the immediate area. Beds and pillows were so comfortable! Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark M, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Michele P,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing NYLO New York City. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your review about our staff, and location.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Mark Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Boutique hotel just a 15 minute walk to central park. Sleek industrial designed. Comfortable bed for a good nights sleep. Serafina's Italian Restaurant downstairs was superb, try some bacon for breakfast, cooked to perfection, I like mines extra crispy and they know how to do it! Lounge area was cozy and a great place for intimate conversation and a drink.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ac0res
Dear Acores,

Thank you so much for your review regarding the hotel's ammenities, services, and location!

It pleases me to see that you therougly enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to seeing you back in the future!

Best Wishes,

Vero Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

We love the Upper West Side of NYC and the NYLO hotel epitomizes the friendliness and diversity of the city. Location was excellent, rooms clean, rooftop lounge charming. The staff of the LOCL bar/beverage area absolutely wonderful. They made us feel like we had been there many times. Can't wait to get back to this terrific West 77th Street Hotel. Stop in to say "Hi" to Charles at LOCL even if you live in the area!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Jane J
Dear JaneJ,

Thank you for your fabulous review regarding the location, services, and staff of LOCL Bar.

I have already passed along these comments to the team at LOCL, as they greatly appreciate the recogntion!

My team, and I, look forward to seeing you back at NYLO in the future!

All The Best,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

OK, i got the room on the side of the demolition. 7:20 AM they start and the go all day. I could not even take conference calls in my room. My biggest pet peeve is packing up a room after I have unpacked. I stuck it out for 3 days.

Very disappointed that the hotel check in staff did not tell me when I checked in. I really hope they let people know or give them some kind of break. Why should we have to call them and ask/tell them about it?

Otherwise, excellent hotel. The AC is old. It goes on and off and gets hot. It's not a modern AC

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank UALFLYER1
Dear UAFLYER1,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay here at NYLO New York City.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you had regarding the noise distrubance. Please be assured that I have addressed this with my team, so that we can work on notifying our guests beforehand.

I hope you give us the opportuntiy to make this up to you in the future. During your next visit to New York, please contact our Front Office Team at FDManagers@nylo-nyc.com

Thank you again!

-Mark Miller
Pittsburgh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Nylo is a nice modern hotel. It is a bit trendy for my personal taste, but it was fine for what it is. I stayed there because it was well located for where I needed to be and the price was good. If you need to be on the Upper West Side, this is a good choice. Everything was clean and neat. The bar had a nice beer selection. I wasn't a fan of the foam mattress, but that's just because I've always preferred a spring mattress. There was nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear John R,

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Finishing up here at NYLO New York City .... Enjoying the amazing lobby/bar where there is complimentary wifi ( great connection) and 2 computers .... Rooms were small but honestly still fine for all you needs.... Location beautiful close to subway station and good eats .... Will stay here again for sure!!!! Thank you NYLO from my hunny and I.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ildana C
Dear Ildana C,

I'm so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay here at NYLO New York City.

Thank you for your fantastic review outlining our hotel, such as LOCL Bar, the location, and the fabulous nearby restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

AC is very loud. It might be the AC unit itself or it might be the small room size. Either way sleep quality will be affected. There is a fire station right across the street. Sirens are frequent and of course, loud.

Wi-Fi not free.

There are National, Alamo and Enterprise car rentals across the street which came in handy during our stay.

The room itself is decent. I'd say it's bigger than average at this price. LCD TV. Power outlets and USB ports are conveniently located. The storage shelf has a unique design but I don't find it very useful. I'd rather have a table there so that I can put my luggage underneath.

Staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank znd125
Dear znd125,

I truly apologize for the experience you had here at NYLO regarding the noise from the A/C unit, and from the outside.

Please be assured that I have passed this along to the Director of Engineering, so that we can fix the issue with the noisy A/C.

I have also updated your profile to include a request for a quiet room, away from 77th street, and all possible sources of noise.

Thank you for staying with us, and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet your expecations the next time around.

Best Wishes,