“Fabulous NYLO”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #178 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have just returned from a week at the NYLO in New York. This is a great hotel, the rooms are lovely, clean and stylish and the hotel is in a brilliant location close to Central Park and the subway, the area also has great restaurants and museums. Our room was a twin room with double beds, easily big enough for two adults and a teenager for the week, the staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful and courteous, particularly Orlando, Robert and the hostess in the bar in the evening who's name I didn't get. There is a lovely roof terrace on the 16th floor and 2 restaurants attached to the hotel plus you can eat in the downstairs bar which had a very welcoming feel. We had a really great time and would recommend the NYLO to anyone wanting a great place to stay in New York.

1  Thank Rachel W
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Rachel W,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff especially regarding Robert and Orlando. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Write a ReviewReviews (5,750)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I have now visited NYLO Hotel on 77th and Broadway for the second time and find it is located in a very convenient location while visiting our daughter. While the rooms are not large by midwest standards, they are clean, modern, with a great bed mattress that provides restful sleep. By staying away from rooms facing Broadway, one gets a quiet and peaceful stay. The outdoor bar located on the 16th floor is another peaceful place to relax and unwind with views of Hudson river and Central Park. There are tons of restaurants, coffee houses, subway, all within walking distances, 3 parking facilities and even CVS across the hotel. We highly recommend NYLO.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Kenichi T,

Thank you so much for your detailed review about our hotel! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the scenery, and the overall location of the hotel.

My team and I look forward to seeing you back in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had wonderful long weekend in this great hotel. Staff was friendly, spacious room and amazing part of the city. Nice lobby area and library make your entry into this hotel inviting. Italian restaurant next door has good food. Will come again for sure!

Dear Pasi S,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review on our hotel, especially about the staff, and our location.

My team and I look forward to having you back soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I travel to New York very often and I usually stay at one of the more recognizable chain hotels. However, this time I wanted to try something different. NY LO was amazing. The decor, staff and location was great. The rooms were small but comfortable. I really enjoyed going to some of the restaurants in the neighborhood and the wonderful fruit markets & coffee shops.

The only drawback was the there was construction going on which started early and was extremely loud.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor and I wish I had requested a higher floor so that I would not hear the nos...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear SusanBEN,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Outstanding hotel in a prime location with a great service team from the front door when you arrive to the bartenders on the roof top bar overlooking Manhattan. Gone are the tired old rugs replaced by sleek, clean and bright composite flooring giving the room a just waxed look and the feeling of true cleaniness.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear H9358BSrichardb,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, as well as the location, and ammenities of the hotel.

Thank you for the recognition of our doorman, and bartenders. I will pass along the recognition to the team, as they greatly appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I spent four nights in NYLO and have nothing but praise for the staff and facility. We previously visited this hotel in its prior incarnation as On the Avenue and that was nice but the recent renovation takes this to the next level. The addition of a lobby lounge and terrace bar on the 16th floor make this a very convenient location for hanging out with family and friends. Craft beer and cocktails were wonderful - I love the "Green Cocktail" that is a variation on a Mojito but with vodka and cucumbers along with the mint. The on site restaurant Serrafina was also very nice and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were very surprised to find a lively three piece combo playing Jazz/Blues/Rockability in the lobby bar on Saturday night with no cover and fun music. Have fun in this convenient location near Central Park. BTW, my husband left his leather jacket in the lounge and the staff immediately put it aside for us, who says New Yorkers aren't friendly and accomodating?

Room Tip: One piece of advise, ask for a room without an adjoining door, the lack of insulation means you can...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DAppraiser,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our recent renovations, ammenties, and services.

Myself and my team look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

A local friend recommended this hotel as being a "new spot" on the upper west side. When I was younger I lived in this neighborhood and found it very appealing. Location is great - I was tired of 'just off Time Square" places that I had been using.

Lobby is nice and the bar is great. Service is good and I use it a lot before we went off to eat. Can't say about the restaurant in the hotel - some of the external reviews weren't great and there are really good places close-by.

I did put in for a room upgrade so had a deluxe room. Liked it. No fridge and seemed to have forgot the hair dryer but I didn't need it. Was very comfortable. I did wish they warned me about the construction next door as Friday 8am they fired up the concrete smashers - was a but rude, but that's life.

Elevators were fine - others complained, I've seen much worse.

Didn't get to see the upper balconies, but they did seem to be popular.

I would go stay here again. Close to the subway and I like the neighborhood a lot.

Room Tip: Get away from construction side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt321
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Matt321,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.