“Very good hotel”

Ranked #176 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've stayed at the NYLO for 11 days. When I checked in they gave me a room in the back, because they didn't have any street facing rooms available at that time. The woman at check-in told me that I could move to a street facing room if I wanted to. However moving turned out to be a bit tedious because I could not move immediately, unless I changed at 2pm, which was not possible because I would be in the office around that time.

I would have preferred a street facing room, but in the end I didn't change, because I was comfortable enough. The room I was in was large and spacious for NYC standards and very clean.

The only thing a worried about beforehand, was the comments of other reviewers that you would have to pay a hefty USD 14 a day fee for internet access. Those worries were unnecessary because I was provided with WiFi credentials at check-in. I don't know if that is standard or not, but the connection turned out to be very decent.

All in all a good hotel that I can recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rmnl
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear rmnl,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services, the product and recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers. Your comments will be passsed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Wells, Me
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Highly recommend, will defnitely come back. Lobby was really cool and the staff was very friendly. The toom was not huge, but I did not come to NY to sit in a hotel room. It was completely perfect for my purpose.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Boston, ma
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is a real find. It's relatively inexpensive, despite small rooms, has all of the amenities necessary, is well located on the upper West Side - easily accessible to subway stop. It is better to stay higher up to avoid the inevitable NYC street noise. All and all, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Burgdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The NYLO Hotel is centrally located to the Hudson River, Central Park, Lincoln Center and many, many shops and restaurants. The personnel is very friendly and helpful, most expecially Norman, Tasha and Michael.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Chagrin Falls
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a quick trip to NYC. The hotel is in an excellent location. Only a block and a half from Central Park and the Museum of Natural History. It's in a residential area that we felt very safe in. The lobby is really cool, with a bar that opens to the street. The rooms were unique with stainless steel bathroom fixtures and a bed that was heavenly. Like sleeping on a cloud. On the 16th floor was an outdoor patio overlooking the city where they served drinks from 5-9pm. Check in and out were quick with glasses of champagne given to you at check in. We had a very good rate of $243. Valet parking,
however, was an additional $55 a night. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank 6Hotellover9
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear 6Hotellover9,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be passed on to my entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to New York to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. A friend had recommeded NYLO hotel, and after some searching, we decided to book our week with them. We had the most amazing trip and alot had to do with where we were staying and the people who work there. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and very helpful. The bar downstairs has the most amazing staff and made us feel like family by the weeks end. We were very sad to leave and had to say goodbye to them. It truely felt like leaving family. The rooms were clean and quiet and the upstairs open patio was a very relaxing place to lounge after a hard day of site seeing. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I would highly recommed this hotel to everyone. Enjoy and thanks NYLO for making our 30th wedding anniversary trip a complete and wonderful memory.

Room Tip: view inside and not on street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Colleen S
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Colleen S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My stayed at NYLO Hotel , formally One the Avenue, was excellent. I had stayed at this hotel many times during the past 7 years, and last year during the transition there were many problems. I am very pleased to say that it appears the problems I encountered before had been addressed and my stay this time was excellent. My husband and I were upgraded to a suite with two balconies and it was delightful. The rooms are very clean and the beds are the best beds I have slept on in any hotel ( and that includes the Sofitel and Kimptons which also have nice beds but NYLO wins)
Nick, at the front desk, is terrific. He has been with the hotel for quite a while and has always quickly addressed any concerns we had and is always extremely gracious. He makes all guests feel welcome as soon as they arrive.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay on the upper west side of Manhattan.
M. Goldin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mgoldin_12
Dear mgoldin_12,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff especially with Nick. Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.