NYLO New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$371
$322
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$136
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
6,000 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkred farmserafina restaurantgreat locationbeacon theaternew yorkmuseum of natural historylincoln centerlobby bartwo blockscomfortable bedhudson rivernyc hotelsubway stationrooms are smalltimes square
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We arrived from Mexico to NYC May 2 on a 4 night trip to see the Yankees for my son´s birthday present, booked a superior king size bed , and called ahead to ask them to please give me a good room at first, because we had to checking and immediately go to the Yankees game so we would not loos our tickets, got there at 3 pm and asked the front desk person to please give me a good room, she told us she gave us the best room in the rate we paid for ( should have know, i was getting a sub standard room whit that’s assurance ) got in to the room left the bags and went to the game, 8 hours later ( game lasted till the 14th inning ) got back to the room and notice that:

1. On the only piece of carpet that was on the room had a terrible smell and a coffee ( I hope it was coffee!!! ) stain the size of the carpet length could not step on it was disgusting .

2. The lamps on the side of the bed could not be turned on form the bed, had to stand up to be turned on or off.

3. The TV remote control case had a broken lid.

4. The coffee-making machine was broken.

5. The air conditioning was very loud.

In a few words The Room Required Mayor Maintenance.

I did thought of changing hotels but had a busy birthday trip schedule and instead we called the front desk in the morning complained and was assure that all issues ware going to be fixed by the time we got back at night but when we did finally got back form Yankees stadium nothing had been done especially the stain in the carpet .

Called the front desk and a very helpful manager Norman changed us to a different room which could had been avoided if the person that gave us our room would have been honest and put us in a Superior King size bed room ( that we paid for ) instead of the standard class room we got at first.

The new room was amazing had light under the bed and reading lights, like the pictures of the room we had originally booked and every single thing was working , in addition they gave us a upgrade and it had an amazing privet balcony . Thank you again Norman for the upgrade.

Every thing looked amazing until next day after I took a shower when I found what was left of a Marijuana Cigarette in the shelf were they put the towels.

One question Do you clean the room´s between guest ??

Keep in mind that I am traveling with my son and I don’t what him exposed to this kind of environment complained again to the manager this time and she apologies and offer to pay for breakfast the next day, I asked her to pleas check the room to see if they did not find any more drugs inside (Something that you shouldn´t have to ask a hotel manager to do) , and thank her for her efforts but also reiterated may complains on her cleaning staff work .

The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was amazing !! Eggs Benedict with salmon and the pancakes again Amazing and the service all so Amazing.

I am giving the Nylo New york tree stars because the staff will do there best to work with there guest to make a nice stay, the bell man´s , concierge and front desk are amazing people friendly and help full .

I am taking away 2 stars one because of the poor cleanliness, and the other one because of Jesse (Front desk initial person) could have given us a Superior King size bed room ( what we paid for ) at the beginning instead , of giving us a sub standard room an trying to pass it for what we actually reserved and paid .

The bar looks like a great place to bad i did not have opportunity to spend any time in it .

Room Tip: The bell man service is amazing and the concierge can help you whit about any questions you have. Ask for the free wifi code in your room they give it to any one how asked !!! but the Wifi in room really suck´s any way
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mexico001
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear mexico001,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have shared your review with our entire team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments. I am pleased to note that you had a pleasant encounter with our staff as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service for our guests.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time at the NYLO. Visiting in a business trip but combining it with time with friends, NYLO was perfect for suiting all of my needs.
Check in was easy and quick, the rooms were stylish but most importantly, comfortable! The bed was amazing! I loved the 2 free water bottles in the room. Such a simple thing but it always makes me happy! The towels were nice and big amd soft to touch. Really had no complaints with the room. They also had a lot of plug ins which made it easy to charge my phone and convenient to straiggten my hair in the room or bathroom.
Downstairs lounge was nice. Chill vibe, great drinks. Could have had a little better/quicker service in the lounge area, but that was ok. The ambiance was percect for visiting with old friends.
I would highly recommend this place and would stay again. Serafina's had amazing food too and lots of shops and deli's close by for other things.
Great time!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa L

Dear Lisa L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC and thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I booked 2 rooms with my credit card - one for me and one for my 80-yr old parents. When I checked in, I asked if all charges for both rooms would be charged to my credit card. Front desk required me to fill out a credit card authorization form to cover all charges on my parent's room. 3 days later when I checked out, I asked front desk to double check that all charges on second room would hit my credit card when my parents checked out later that day.
Well, that didn't happen. Parent's room charges hit their credit card. I called and explained. Central number understood story and said I'd get a call from NY hotel directly. Two days later I did - and they left a message saying everything is fine. I then called NY hotel THREE times and left a message for "Accounting" the group I was told to contact. They NEVER returned my call. I had to call a fourth time and tell them that I was not getting off phone until I spoke with someone. Well, the woman in Accounting was unsympathetic and rude. She said the only way to reverse the charges is for me to "fill out a form". I got nowhere with her and gave up. I'll send my parents the money directly.
It's laughable. Won't stay there ever again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Ulysses101

Dear Ulysses101,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay regarding the arrangement of payment for your parent's room and the lack of assistance thereafter. We have shared your review with our entire team and they are being addressed properly.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our room was extremely comfortable. The custom bed was amazing. Even the bathroom was well designed. I forgot my glasses when I checked out. When I returned the next day, my glasses were waiting for me at security. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fshapiro
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear fshapiro,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and the product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Thank you for recommending NYLO NYC to others!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Depending on how you want to "experience" NYC, the NYLO could be a great option to consider. You are away from the mania of Mid-town but still close to plenty of action, great late night options, walking distance to much but with a more civilized/neighborhood setting. Central Park is a stones throw and subway stops are a couple short blocks away.

Hotel has been recently re-done and has a modern "loft" type vibe to the rooms. Hipper perhaps than it was previously. The beds are amazingly comfortable. We did change rooms. Upon check in we were given a room with a horrible layout and view of a brick wall despite booking the "superior" category. The hotel was sold out and we were unable to change or upgrade. Tiny and claustrophobic, we were not too happy about this. However I will say, the staff bend over backwards to make things right for the rest of our stay.

The next night we were in a king bed with a room overlooking Broadway. While not technically much larger, it felt way more spacious due to a better configuration. The staff and Jesse in particular were always helpful with information, securing a car to JFK, or giving advice about NYC in general. By the time we left, it really felt like a home away from home.

Serafina is a wonderful restaurant that adjoins the property and serves all day long. There is also a lobby bar with live music on certain nights. Wi-Fi is free only in the lobby (or suites I believe) which seems common in NYC but is annoying none the less. The wonderful Fairway Market is right across the street, open till very late at night and also has a nice restaurant for breakfast (and other meals) upstairs. Grab a NY Times and eat like a local.

All in all, we loved the Nylo and felt the staff went above and beyond to be accommodating as possible. The beds were of superior quality and we slept very well there. The Upper West Side is a great option for NYC and you get nice value at the Nylo. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for "outside" rooms, facing the street to avoid rooms looking at a brick wall. The hotel will tell you it's a nice "quiet" room but you don't get to see out at all. Despite Broadway and 77th being busy, it's not noisy like in Mid-town. Ask for a high floor looking out at the street
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shreddie

Dear Shreddie,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff especially with Jesse! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed!