“Great stay”

Ranked #172 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Refurbishment is wonderful, great to have a bar area with comfy sofas and a separate quieter library for working. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Great location for park, subway, shops. Good value. Will definitely return. My pet annoyance - true of many NYC hotels - you have to pay extra for wifi in the room. I was in Crimea last month and Internet was free in every hotel I visited.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Jessica B,

Thank you so much for your review about our refurnishment, staff, rooms, and our convenient location!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at NYLO, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Jessie was Very friendly and helpful when we checked in, she helped us out with our room situation and let us check in early to make things easier. We now have a Great view and the hotel is beautiful and in a great location. Looking forward to our time here! We would definitely stay here for future trips to NYC.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Laura S,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at NYLO New York City!

Thank you so much for the comments about Jesse, our Guest Service Agent. I will be sure to pass this along to her as she greatly appreciates the recognition.

I look forward to having you back soon during your next visit to New York!

Best Wishes,

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I travel to NYC for work just about every week, and after trying many hotels, this is now my hotel of choice! NYLO is located on the upper west side, minutes away from the red subway line, good size rooms, and a very friendly staff. The hotel finished renovations at the end of last summer, revamping all rooms and adding a very nice bar and seating area that in the summer will open up to the street. Serafina Italian restaurant downstairs is also excellent. Jesse upgraded me to a nice suite today, the entire front desk and all the staff is always extremely warm and helpful. Great stay every week.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear GTravel78,

Thank you so much for the recognition of Jesse, and the rest of our team here at NYLO! I will be sure to pass along your kind words!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the many changes that took place here over the passed year, including our bar and Serafina Restaurant. I look forward to having you back so that we can meet your expecations again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel renovation has turned out very nice, rooms and rates are very attractive, away from midtown office rush and conveniently located in the upper west side, close to W79th St Subway station and crosstown busses, also on Broadway close to many shops, restaurants, bars, etc. I highly recommend it. I has very nice, clean rooms, wifi is free in the general areas, their bar and restaurant are very good and good atmosphere. A place I will go back to for sure.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MV_Trotamundos,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at NYLO New York City!

Thank you so much for the amazing comments about our location, ease of transportation, and our Restaurant, Bar, and Room ammenities.

I look forward to having you back soon, so that we can continue to exceed your expecations!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

we keep returning to this hotel for a number of compelling reasons:
1. the staff, from front desk to housekeeping, everyone is welcoming and helpful
2. the rooms, which I swear were decorated by someone with allergies because there are no carpets or dense upholstery fabrics, are comfortable and perfectly adequate and QUIET
3. the location is splendid and you can always get a cab

We'll return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Juliesch50,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review about our staff, location, and ammenities provided!

I'm glad to hear that you will be back soon. Myself, and my team look forward to hosting your stay many times more! We all look forward to continuing to meet your expectations.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I booked a room at NYLO for the weekend. We were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff. We were allowed an early check-in to give us time to get out and start seeing the city. We were upgraded to the Penthouse Suite, which was beautiful. The lobby has a hip and cool place to hang out on a rainy evening. Live jazz in the lounge. The staff went out of their way to help us navigate the subway system and make every aspect of our stay above average. The room was spacious and comfortable. Beautiful view of the city from the balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable. We look forward to returning to the city and we WILL be staying at NYLO again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the city. About two blocks from subway and a nice walk to beautiful Central Park.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the penthouse if you have the opportunity. Large balcony provides excellent view of the c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cady2013
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Cady2013,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the services, the product, recognition of our staff and recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers. Your feedback will be shared with our entire staff so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!
The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2014

NYLO is an excellent hotel. I have been staying there for years (when it used to be On the Ave) and have always found it to be the best value in NYC. I highly recommend the hotel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear EditorYourTeen,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services and recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers.Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed!

We appreciate your continued loyalty and business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!