“Great boutique hotel in NYC.”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #182 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My two kids live in NYC but don't have guest rooms so I usually stay in a hotel when I visit. This was my first stay at NYLO but it won't be my last. First, the price was great for a NY hotel. Second is the location. Right off Broadway, 2 blocks from the 1 train at 79th Street and 5 blocks from the 2 & 3 express trains at 72nd Street. The lobby was small but cozy with a living room, small bar and small tables. My room was small (but not by NY standards) but with the most comfortable bed I've slept in, true HDTV (not just a flat panel TV with no HD service), and a beautiful shower. The room was impeccably clean and I don't spend much time in a hotel when I'm in NY so why pay for a big room? Spend the money on theater tickets or a restaurant instead. I highly recommend this hotel but I'm hoping it doesn't get overly popular so I can't get reservations.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cornell69
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Cornell69,

I am so elated to hear that you will be returning, and that you enjoyed our great location, and newly renovated rooms and lobby. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again here soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Excellent service here, rooms are really decent value and they often offer you an upgrade to a penthouse loft style room for only $40!!! Kinda place you are welcomed with a cocktail whilst checking in. Robert the doorman is super nice, chatty and very attentive, as well as making you smile. It's close to 72nd / 79th subway stations. AMAZING west side market right across the street too. Bar staff are really professional and nice too, especially Christina. All in all, don't hesitate to book here at NYLO. The beds, importantly, are UNBELIEVABLY comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nick w

Dear Nick W,

It makes me so happy to read your review! I am so pleased that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that you had the pleasure of experiencing our outstanding customer service. We are very fortunate to have Robert and Kristin as a part of our amazing team. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel seemed nice, except I was there during an unusually cold weekend and the heat was broken. The staff was quite nice and apologetic about it(obviously not much they can do), and on the last night I was there they gave me a space heater. That was disappointing though. I'm back in NYC next weekend and I would book again based on location, but I don't know if they've fixed that part yet.

Aside from that, location is fantastic. Walking distance to Natural History Museum, Central Park. Nice atmosphere in lobby, friendly doormen. Biggest complaint (other than freezing) is that I came with a stroller and there's no ramp, only stairs, which is a little inconvenient if you're pushing a wheeled apparatus.

Room Tip: The reason the sleep quality was terrible was because there was no heat.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear gallusgallusdomestic,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with the heat not working properly in your room and the accessibility of a ramp by the entrance. We have shared your review with our engineering team and they are being addressed properly.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed over on President's weekend and it was a good choice for our needs. On the website, they don't guarantee king rooms (superior) but we requested and waited and received a king. Front Desk service was good, they were friendly and helpful. The lobby area has free wireless internet and a small bar area. The hotel is attached to Serafina restaurant and Redfarm is next door. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was a good size for NYC. Water pressure was great, the street noise minimal, and we liked the noon checkout time. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vinoveritas59
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear vinoveritas59,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on the hotel's facilities, services and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Fairly nice hotel, very convenient for us location wise.Roos are small but adequate,restaurant for breakfast is very good.Rates are ok.Service was mediocre,it took for ever to get sanitary paper.But will go back as it is well located for us and overall good place.Nice friendly bar area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nefrologosarasota
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear nefrologosarasota,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. I apologize for the substandard service you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel NYLO was wonderful from check - in to check-out. Joana and Jessie at the front desk were very friendly and helpful as were all the other staff members. I will stay at this hotel everytime I am in NYC in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank seasprayin
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear seasprayin,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your compliments regarding recognition of our staff. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to note that you will return to NYLO NYC whenever you visit NYC!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing from beginning to end! We landed extremely early in the am and I can not thank them enough for allowing us to check in so early. it saved our day as we were headed to the Super Bowl later that day. They also let me back into a room to pump (infant at home) before heading to the airport. Rooms are just fine, a little small.
I will say the only downside was a lot of loud slamming doors.
Other that that wonderful experience!!!

Stayed: February 2014

Dear sunnyjetsetter,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to note that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.