“The best service I've experienced at a hotel”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #184 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing from beginning to end! We landed extremely early in the am and I can not thank them enough for allowing us to check in so early. it saved our day as we were headed to the Super Bowl later that day. They also let me back into a room to pump (infant at home) before heading to the airport. Rooms are just fine, a little small.
I will say the only downside was a lot of loud slamming doors.
Other that that wonderful experience!!!

Stayed: February 2014
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear sunnyjetsetter,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to note that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Write a ReviewReviews (5,575)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

You don't know hotels. Not until you've lived the experience of NYLO New York. Yes, it's all that. Great service, including housekeeping staff, genial interaction with everyone involved at all hours of the day and night. The room itself was perfect, with a bed to die for.

So I'm going back. And if you're smart, you'll book a stay as well.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gavin S

Dear Gavin S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Thank you for recommending NYLO NYC to others!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hoe does a hotel charge $15/day for internet usage on top of $200/day for the room (plus tax)? This is more important than the free bottle of water or K-cup coffee maker! That's why this place gets 3 stars.

Our King Size bedroom was very comfortable. Modern updated room and bath, plush towels. K-cup coffee maker (refills on request). Clean lobby, well appointed bar, and courteous staff.

This is a great location if you need to be in the Upper West Side of Manhattan (located at 77th and Broadway, 2 blocks from the subway at 79th street).

1  Thank raynan

Dear raynan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced with the charge of wi-fi during your stay. We have shared your review with our entire team and they are being addressed properly.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed one night as a home-base for some things we wanted to do in the city. Rates are painless. Check-in was quick. I asked for and and received an upgrade from a panoramic view (which we paid for) to a penthouse one-bedroom (no charge.) Front desk staff was delightful. -Living room had a balcony with a lovely city-scape including the Museum of Natural History and a sliver of Central Park.
-Bedroom had a full wall of windows with another beautiful view including the river.
-Room was clean and comfortable.
-The decor is contemporary. Not for everyone. Gray tones, edgy lighting, offbeat furniture, tile floors, heavy lined drapes on windows and walls. We liked it.
-Two big flat-screen TVs, thermostat that worked well, big upgraded towels and high-end bath amenities.
-Went back down to the lobby for coffee. Lobby is definitely edgy; series of sitting areas and a small bar in the middle. Seating is inviting and cozy. Was welcomed and very well taken care of by Charles, our bartender. Really good coffee and conversation.
-Breakfast in the hotel restaurant called Serafina. Sat at a window table overlooking Broadway. --Food was good. Service was fine.
-Called down to the valet for the car. Checkout was a wave on the way out. Car was waiting at the curb.
Would stay here again for sure.

1  Thank LIGrammy

Dear Biobrat,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the services at Serafina!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The other reviews cover most of what is great about this hotel. During one of the many recent blizzards we were looking for a one night getaway. Hotel requirements were: dog friendly, room with a view, fun neighborhood, and room service. NYLO does not offer any kind of room service but it turned out not to matter. The lobby sitting area was appealing from the first moment we entered, all day and into the evening, this place has SUCH a welcoming feel, like a luxurious resort, or a bed and breakfast. Kids were playing chess, people were working, and I was chilling over a champagne cocktail with the dog! I loved the mix of patrons, not too hip, not too young, or old, just a bit of everything! DO not miss Red Farm next door for inventive dim sum and wonderful cocktails. I would avoid Serafina for what I think is a ripoff breakfast price and head down the street to a wonderful, typical NY coffee shop like Viand. I lived on the Upper West Side for ten years, and I don't think anyone mentioned that Zabar's is only two blocks away, as is Fairway, two of the world's greatest delis/grocery stores. It was a freezing, slushy, blizzardy day, and we did not venture out much, but watching the snowfall from the 12th floor was so cozy. Central Park is an easy, and beautiful walk away. I have stayed in FIVE pet friendly NYC hotels, and I cannot quite put my finger on why this one works SO well. The rooms are bare bones, there are NO services, hardly any amenities in the rooms, they charge for wifi, yet it all works! I think, as others have said, it is the caring staff, and the fact that you can get a spectacular view, and even a balcony, for a very reasonable price. It was also blissfully quiet. It may have been the blizzard, and it may have been the corner room. We loved it! I am not a fan of industrial chic, but I loved our room, the bed was wonderful, and it was large and spacious with many huge windows. I love a cold room for sleeping, and this certainly fit the bill! I turned off the heater at night, as it was a noisy one, and I woke up to a 59 degree temperature! This might not be great for everyone, but everyone is not nearly as noise sensitive as I am. I very much look forward to a return visit, probably very soon! This hotel is wonderfully run, and so welcoming. I hope they offer some more pet amenties in the future, (beds and bowls), but keep those prices reasonable and we will all return, often.

Room Tip: Corner hight floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear freedatravel74,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel two times during my last trip in the Caribbean.
It's not my first time in NYC (It's is my favourite city all around the World after Rome....! :-))
I could suggest to all the travellers that are visiting NYC: come and stay in this Hotel.
It's very nice, clean, spacious and all the employees are very kind.
I think that it's the best hotel where I stayed in NYC.
I hope that this will help you to do the best choice.

Dear 70Francesco,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my first time staying at NYLO and I was impressed by the service. Check in was much faster than at other hotels I’ve stayed. Elloy at front desk was especially accommodating to any needs, as was Will. Overall the staff is focused and friendly throughout my stay at NYLO. If you need help finding a cab (especially in this snowy weather), the doorman Rob was very helpful. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Doug W,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. I am happy to note that you had a pleasant encounter with members of our staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.