“Awesome”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #180 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel two times during my last trip in the Caribbean.
It's not my first time in NYC (It's is my favourite city all around the World after Rome....! :-))
I could suggest to all the travellers that are visiting NYC: come and stay in this Hotel.
It's very nice, clean, spacious and all the employees are very kind.
I think that it's the best hotel where I stayed in NYC.
I hope that this will help you to do the best choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear 70Francesco,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Write a ReviewReviews (5,758)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my first time staying at NYLO and I was impressed by the service. Check in was much faster than at other hotels I’ve stayed. Elloy at front desk was especially accommodating to any needs, as was Will. Overall the staff is focused and friendly throughout my stay at NYLO. If you need help finding a cab (especially in this snowy weather), the doorman Rob was very helpful. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Doug W,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. I am happy to note that you had a pleasant encounter with members of our staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights early February, the hotel room itself isn't anything special but considering the price it's hard to complain, though as a side note the in room tv is huge. But what really made my stay was the staff, from the door staff to the bar staff and everyone else, they were hugely helpful and extremely friendly. Because of the snow most of my plans were cancelled, but spent a Tuesday night in the bar, which was surprisingly fun and the live band were fantastic. Hugely recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Fred W,
Reading your review makes me so proud to work with such an outstanding team! I will be sure to share your review with the entire team. Thank you for taking the tome to share your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for one night for business when this hotel was known as On The Ave. Renovations were underway and the bar/restaurant were not available. However, I found my room (Superior room) to be spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was a dream compared to every other NYC hotel bathroom I've been in. Someone with a wheelchair could use the bathroom with ease.

Though the location is far away from Times Square and many of the popular shopping areas, I really liked the neighbourhood. It's much quieter and close to the less touristy parts of Central Park. I would recommend this hotel for families or anyone who wants to enjoy the less busy parts of New York City.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear TOfoodie80,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed there for 8 nights in Feb. This hotel is excellent and checks all the right box!
A special thanks to Joana at the front desk who made the stay very pleasant.

Pros:
- Updated and modern hotel with a chic theme
- Excellent staff that is friendly and accommodating
- Great location away from the typical tourists traps; a number of excellent restaurants within walking distance
- Close to major public transportation links (# 1,2,3 subway lines)
- Great value for money
Cons
- Elevator can be slow at times
Will definitely be returning here next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RhoTraveler

Dear RhoTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an amazing review with us! It makes me so happy to know that you enjoyed our outstanding staff and great location , I will definitely share your review with the entire team. . We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a junior suite at NYLO New York for Valentine’s Day and couldn’t be happier with our experience. The NYLO ambience, while still upscale, felt very welcoming. This in part can be attributed to your front desk manager Norman, who was assisting multiple customers but still gave us the impression that we had his full attention. His professionalism and charm should be commended!

The room was impeccably clean and stocked with amenities as well as a fine view of the city. And like other guests said, the mattress was very comfortable. Another point worth mentioning is the bar in the main lobby. Instead of going to Serafina, we decided for a quick coffee/pastry at the bar and received such pleasant service from Eddy, who was vivacious and ready to help—even at 7AM. If you visit the bar later at night, I highly recommend the bartender Charlie. Great drinks only matched by his great service.

Overall it was a memorable experience at NYLO, enhanced by friendly and engaged staff members. Definitely a five-star establishment!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Jessica C,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! I am happy to note that you had a pleasant encounter and interaction with our associates. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I checked into the NYLO NYC during a recent snowstorm. Jesse at the front desk made me feel welcomed and gave me a choice of room locations within the hotel. I could have had a room with a street view or a quieter interior room (i chose a room overlooking Broadway). The room was small but clean, with a Keurig coffee pot and a large, flat screen TV. The hotel has a lively lobby with free wireless if you feel you want to get out of your room, but not necessarily out of the hotel. I had a good experience there and will probably stay there again.

My only quibble with the hotel is that the bathrooms don't have towel bars, for some reason.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have less street noise, obviously. Rooms overlooking Broadway can be noisy.