“A good hotel made outstanding by the staff”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #175 of 468 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“A good hotel made outstanding by the staff”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights early February, the hotel room itself isn't anything special but considering the price it's hard to complain, though as a side note the in room tv is huge. But what really made my stay was the staff, from the door staff to the bar staff and everyone else, they were hugely helpful and extremely friendly. Because of the snow most of my plans were cancelled, but spent a Tuesday night in the bar, which was surprisingly fun and the live band were fantastic. Hugely recommend this place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Fred W,
Reading your review makes me so proud to work with such an outstanding team! I will be sure to share your review with the entire team. Thank you for taking the tome to share your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for one night for business when this hotel was known as On The Ave. Renovations were underway and the bar/restaurant were not available. However, I found my room (Superior room) to be spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was a dream compared to every other NYC hotel bathroom I've been in. Someone with a wheelchair could use the bathroom with ease.

Though the location is far away from Times Square and many of the popular shopping areas, I really liked the neighbourhood. It's much quieter and close to the less touristy parts of Central Park. I would recommend this hotel for families or anyone who wants to enjoy the less busy parts of New York City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear TOfoodie80,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

USA
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed there for 8 nights in Feb. This hotel is excellent and checks all the right box!
A special thanks to Joana at the front desk who made the stay very pleasant.

Pros:
- Updated and modern hotel with a chic theme
- Excellent staff that is friendly and accommodating
- Great location away from the typical tourists traps; a number of excellent restaurants within walking distance
- Close to major public transportation links (# 1,2,3 subway lines)
- Great value for money
Cons
- Elevator can be slow at times
Will definitely be returning here next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RhoTraveler
Dear RhoTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an amazing review with us! It makes me so happy to know that you enjoyed our outstanding staff and great location , I will definitely share your review with the entire team. . We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a junior suite at NYLO New York for Valentine’s Day and couldn’t be happier with our experience. The NYLO ambience, while still upscale, felt very welcoming. This in part can be attributed to your front desk manager Norman, who was assisting multiple customers but still gave us the impression that we had his full attention. His professionalism and charm should be commended!

The room was impeccably clean and stocked with amenities as well as a fine view of the city. And like other guests said, the mattress was very comfortable. Another point worth mentioning is the bar in the main lobby. Instead of going to Serafina, we decided for a quick coffee/pastry at the bar and received such pleasant service from Eddy, who was vivacious and ready to help—even at 7AM. If you visit the bar later at night, I highly recommend the bartender Charlie. Great drinks only matched by his great service.

Overall it was a memorable experience at NYLO, enhanced by friendly and engaged staff members. Definitely a five-star establishment!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Jessica C,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! I am happy to note that you had a pleasant encounter and interaction with our associates. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

New Jersey
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I checked into the NYLO NYC during a recent snowstorm. Jesse at the front desk made me feel welcomed and gave me a choice of room locations within the hotel. I could have had a room with a street view or a quieter interior room (i chose a room overlooking Broadway). The room was small but clean, with a Keurig coffee pot and a large, flat screen TV. The hotel has a lively lobby with free wireless if you feel you want to get out of your room, but not necessarily out of the hotel. I had a good experience there and will probably stay there again.

My only quibble with the hotel is that the bathrooms don't have towel bars, for some reason.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have less street noise, obviously. Rooms overlooking Broadway can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Anotherboomer,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us especially that you got the opportunity to experience our outstanding customer service through Jessie, who we are very fortunate to have her on our team. We will be sure to share this review with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 15, 2014

NYLO is gem located in the great upper West Side/Central Park that offers wonderful accommodations at a fair price! As a major road warrior, I look for a hotel that is full service and provides a efficient , comfortable , productive space to stay! NLYO offers all of this in a casual modern contemporary setting. The set up of the hotel is similar to that of the SPG W property line, however made better . The property offers a library which provides for areas to relax as well as work in, and a separate living room /bar area too. Both areas are well designed, comfortable and don't have noise issues that I have experienced in similar settings of other hotels. The staff here are eager to serve, and this was evident at the front desk and meet Jessie. Jessie welcomed me and provided early check in as well as an upgraded room! She was very focused on providing me excellent service, and she accomplished this! The Deluxe King Bed Room I was provided was very comfortable and well appointed. The beds are very comfortable, and have a light under them that provides great accent lighting for the room! A nice working desk was in the room, along with 2 closets and a large flat screen HD TV. The bathroom was large, and had marble walls, larger sink and large stand up walk in shower. The housekeeping staff are to be commended, as the room was spot less! Nothing like a clean comfortable room to stay in! I highly recommend NYLO in NYC to all, and look forward to returning to this property again soon! Well done NYLO your are a NYC GEM for sure!!!

Room Tip: If a quiet room is needed, ask for it! They do offer them !
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MEProfenno
Dear MEProfenno,

Thank you so much for this AMAZING review!! I am so pleased that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. We are very fortunate to have an outstanding team that always goes above and beyond to meet guests’ needs. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Scottsdale
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the NYLO for a week long work trip because I love hotels with a smaller, artsy boutique theme and NYLO was just that. It's in a great location in the upper west side close to Central Park, with easy Access. It's also close to a lot of different types of restaurants and shopping within 1-2 miles. There's a great small grocery store that is open 24 hours across the street, for those of us that are off late and want to grab something to go at odd hours as well. I'd definitely go back to the NYLO.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Deniselalex,

It makes me so happy to know that we could meet all of your needs!! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.