“A FABULOUS Hotel!!”

Ranked #175 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A FABULOUS Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visiting New York for a training at Columbia University and wanted something close by, with a nice bar and places to eat. I would be working early and coming back late. The front desk staff was incredibly kind and helpful. The porters were great. The bar had fabulous drinks and some live evening music. The room was clean and stylishly decorated. And the price was reasonable. I was shocked at how perfect everything was the entire week I was there. I would have no reservation going back or recommending this hotel to anyone who is visiting New York. On my one day off I also walked to Central Park and The Met and Moma and lots of other sites within a 30 min amount of time- subway is right down the street. All in all FABULOUS!

1 Thank Tracy H
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Tracy H,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay! I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on the hotel's services, facilities, and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at the NYLO hotel in November, we found it very easy to get to, was 2 minute walk from the subway station. It was in a great location for us, not in the heart of the busy/noisy city but was not too far out either! Hotel was lovely and clean and very comfortable. The staff were amazing and could never do enough for us. They were very friendly and extremely helpful! Didn't spend much time in the hotel as was out exploring the city but what time we did spend there was very pleasant. Would def recommend the NYLO.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laurianne91
Dear Laurianne91,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and recognition of our staff! I am happy to note that you had pleasant encounters with our staff members and they were able to make your experience at NYLO NYC a memorable one! Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

rogers222
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the NYLO hotel. Nice location at 77th and Broadway, convenient to the #1 train and lots of shops and restaurants. The lobby is interesting and well done with lots of seating areas, a small bandstand area, and a nice bar. The rooms are very nice, modern, well appointed, and clean. They are a bit small, but well-planned, so the size is not a problem and the bathroom was large, clean, and new. The Serafina restaurant attached to the hotel does a nice breakfast, which some package deals will include for free in your room rate. The price was good, I found a rate on one of the travel websites for under $200, which is a bargain. The only downer were the elevators. They seem to have two elevators at each end of the building, for a total of four cars. But when I stayed there, only one car was working, and it doesn't go to the top four floors. Thus if you get "upgraded" to a larger room on the 15th floor, you might find yourself getting a lot of exercise walking up and down those stairs. This is a problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

Room Tip: The hotel is on Broadway, so light sleepers might want to avoid that side of the building, but this...
Dear rogers222,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and facilities. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our substandard elevators. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked this trip for a business/study trip that I had at Columbia Univ and my husband joined me for the 6 days. What I thought would be a standard big city trip turned out to be a wonderful vacation. This swanky little hotel is well-located - close to neighborhood market, foodie type restaurants, Central Park, museums, subway and bus stops for optimal city access. But what was truly outstanding was the service, from checking in to getting a return car to JFK, we couldn't have asked for more. And yet there is more - Charles, the bartender, was so friendly, gave great restaurant and outing advice and went out of his way to make us feel like celebrity guests. He made us special drinks, provided snacks and even sent a dessert up to my room one night after a very long day. We will definitely return. When you go - ask when Charles is tending bar.

Dear Kristi F,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your kind words on the hotel's facilities, services, and recognition of our staff! I am pleased to know that you had a memorable experience interacting with Charles at our LOCL bar! Your comments will be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Dublin, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love NYLO, and I loved its predecessor hotel, On the Ave. The rooms are competitively priced, delightfully comfortable, and the staff is always accommodating. It is my go-to hotel when I am back in New York, whether I am traveling for business or pleasure. Although it doesn't cater specifically to kids, my daughter has always been welcomed warmly and greeted with crayons and special breakfast options.

But none of that was enough for me to write a review previously. (I'm not really a reviewer.) However, the security team's heroic efforts recently necessitated sharing my experience.

I accidentally left two precious items in my room as I hurriedly checked out and dashed to the airport. They were hidden on the bed and I simply (foolishly!) overlooked them. When I realized my mistake, I contacted the hotel and within a few hours Officer Gillot (one shining member of NYLO's security team) had emailed me to tell me the items had been found. They were returned to me via UPS within three business days, and the security team even provided a follow-up email and the tracking number.

Such service exceeds my expectations tremendously (something that isn't easy to do!). Such dedication to a guest's comfort and such kindness sets a new level of "excellence" in customer service. As such, NYLO will always be my go-to hotel option in New York.

Room Tip: Many rooms with two queen beds have a separate sitting area (great for traveling with kids!)
Dear Elaine L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and staff. I am happy to note that our security team was efficient and prompt with accomodating your lost and found items! Your comments will be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel has everything necessary to get an optimal stay in NY. The staff, the location, the bar and the breakfast area are superb. The only negative to say is that one of the lifts were a bit scary with noise and jumps. However, it was a nice way to push myself to do some extra sport: run up and down the stairs between the lobby and floor 14 :-) I loved those runs and miss them.

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite, and the view was marvelous
Dear maybm,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's facilities, services and recognition of our staff! I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our substandard elevators. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Truly excellent service - best experienced at a hotel in New York. Hotel desk clerk named Eloy went above and beyond to accommodate and make us feel valued customers. Our individual concerns were immediately satisfied by him - in such a way as to leave me faintly speechless.

Would recommend NYLO on that alone, but the lovely rooms, fair pricing and great location make it a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Thomas C,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant encounter with our associate Eloy and experienced the exceptional service NYLO NYC provided! Your comments will be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others!