The Lucerne Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$311
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$343
$188
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$246
$231
$458
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
$134
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$142
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$150
  • Breakfast included
2,488 results
All reviewsupper west sidemuseum of natural historycentral parkamsterdam avenew yorkqueen suitelincoln centerattached restaurantsubway linegreat neighborhoodtwo blockstimes squarewonderful hotelbusiness centercoffee makerstreet noisecorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Friendly, clean, quiet, lovely, convenient. Great NY Hotel. Very convenient to subway. . Would definetly stay again. Only complaints are the pillows are very uncomfortable and lumpy and could not get extra set of sheets although I had asked for three days in a row.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Hotel was excellent. Great staff, lovely lobby and the room while small, was very nice --very comfy beds (we had 2 doubles)
Hotel is in a great location, next door to Filenes Basement, 1 block from the subway which takes you direcly to theatre district.
Nice Italian restaurant (Coppolas) right across the street, along with 24 hour Duane Reed pharmacy. Try Zabars (around the corner on Broadway) for breakfast.
Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2007

My stay at the Lucerne went well the establishment was beautiful and even though it was expensive it was not too expensive for the city.. There was only a few issues I had with the room and that was just that the toilet in room 324 was a pain to flush.. The suction was not all that great.. There was a couple of times where I had to go back in and flush it again.. There was also a lack of trash cans the only trash can was located in the bathroom.. I just started using extra plastic bags that I had to contain the garbage no one likes things hanging around yuck.. Also I found a cork screw in the cabinet that still contain the cork still on it.. I presume that they could not get the cork off and no one noticed it but I made sure to place it in eyesight so that way the could either have the cork removed or the cork screw replaced, but otherwise from the front desk, bellman and housekeeping were very nice and friendly.. I definitely would consider staying there again..

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2007

We chose this hotel because of the location (we have family on the upper west side), and we were somewhat hopeful given the reviews we read. The lobby is nice and so is the staff, but the room was horrible. I think I've read that the hotel has undergone a renovation, but maybe they haven't progressed to the suites yet because the furnishings for the room were definitely shabby. But, given that the hotel is reasonably priced we didn't really care about that.
We are a family of 5 (three young children) and needed to use the sofabed. When we pulled it out we found that the upper third of the bed tilted in toward the floor and was unusuable. Since it was late at night and our children were already asleep, we had to fit all of us in the king bed. Not so comfortable.
Also that night, my husband went to turn on a light, and the lightswitch shattered leaving shards all over the floor.
The next morning we took showers and noticed black hair all over the tub (we're blond) and the tub backed up.
In addition to that, the mini refrigerator would only shut if you kicked it hard back into its slot.
Needless to say we were less than pleased. We packed up our stuff and got a room at the Mandarin Oriental (absolutely amazing).
In addition, when I spoke to the the desk manager about all of this, I didn't get much reaction (not even a "sorry about that"), just asked if I wanted another room. So, while the staff was nice, I wouldn't rate them as excellent.
I know many people give this hotel great reviews, but it didn't happen for us.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mcdaniel5
Reviewed June 25, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Lucerne Hotel. It was a pleasure to return there each evening after three busy days exploring NYC. Our room (double queen for 2 adults, 2 children) was comfortable, reasonably sized, super clean, and quiet. The staff were friendly and the doormen even managed to elicit a smile from our extra shy 8 year-old. We had a very good dinner at the hotel's Nice Matin and dessert at Grom gelato on Broadway. We also had a great lunch at the Funky Diner. Perfect in every way!

Stayed: June 2007