The Lucerne Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$161
$247
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$161
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
2,501 results
All reviewsupper west sidemuseum of natural historycentral parkamsterdam avenew yorkqueen suitelincoln centerattached restaurantsubway linegreat neighborhoodtwo blockstimes squarewonderful hotelbusiness centercoffee makerstreet noisecorner room
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is an elegant old hotel on the upper West Side of New York. The rooms and bathrooms aren't huge, but are beautifully decorated in an old world style. The location is fabulous. A few blocks from the Museum of Natural History and Central Park, and a block to either a bus stop to head across town, or down to the subway. The area is rich with restaurants of all kinds. Zabar's is a few blocks away. The concierge, Liz, helped us get wonderful seats for a Broadway show at the last minute. Keurigs and frigs are provided on request which is a nice touch. All the people who work there were helpful and gracious. We prefer more residential areas when we visit New York. The Lucerne fit the bill.

Room Tip: They have special deals posted for multi day visits.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is one I have stayed at and will continue to do so. The only issue I have is the quality of the hair blower in the rooms. It is attached to the wall and is poor quality. Next time I will bring mine from home. Other than that the bed was extremely comfortable and great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
NewYorkHotel, Manager at The Lucerne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

I'm disappointed to hear that you did not find our hair dryers satisfactory. I want you to know that we have portable hair dryers upon request, and I'm sorry that our staff did not inform you. I hope you come back and give us another chance.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was probably the best hotel stay I've ever had. This hotel was fabulous. Staff was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Facility was outstandingly clean. Location was very convenient to everything - very close to subway and bus and therefore it was easy to get anywhere in a just a few minutes. We liked that it was quiet but still felt in the heart of the city. The beds were comfortable. Loved it that there was a Keurig coffee maker and a small fridge in the room. The adjoining restaurant, Nice Martin was great. Room service was quick, accurate, delicious. There were a number of unexpected wonderful surprises such as complimentary wine that showed up our first night, turn down service with chocolates on our pillow every night. The staff was so helpful. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in NYC.

1  Thank nbatt
NewYorkHotel, General Manager at The Lucerne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. My staff and I work very hard to create the best hotel experience for everyone. It's wonderful to hear that our hard work shined through so positively in your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. To put it shortly, we love it. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, The staff is courteous and extremely helpful. Since it was our second stay, they upgraded our room and provided us with some extra appliances. The area is wonderful and quiet, yet close by public transport to most of Manhattan attractions. It is only a few blocks away from the Central Park and the Museum of Natural History, two of our favorite places in NYC. Also, there are plenty of nice restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at an upper floor, away from the street noise,
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We love to hear when people come back and we love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it keeps on getting better. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The other reviews mostly reflect my own experience. This review is to give kudos to the manager on duty on May 3 who made the best of a bad situation. The hotel had a plumbing issue that affected some rooms so they were overbooked when I arrived, and I was sent to stay at another hotel for the first night of my four-night stay. He apologized repeatedly, got me a reduced rate at the other hotel (a decent place, very nearby), gave me cab fare for there and back (it was a 3-minute cab ride), and comped one night of my stay (and I wasn't put in one of the affected rooms). I've been "walked" before but have never had this level of customer service to try to make up for the inconvenience, and so he and the hotel deserve a lot of credit for this.

Room Tip: high floor (is still a bit noisy if facing the street). King one-bedroom suite was very spacious and comfy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

I'm elated to hear that our staff handled this situation professionally and made this difficult transition seamless. Of course we never want something like this to happen, but thank you for appreciating that some things are out of our control. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to the opportunity to meet you in the future.