Review Highlights
Terrific tour

I had the good fortune of being the only person on the tour. Jimmy is passionate and incredibly... read more

Reviewed today
WorldTraveler026
Washington, DC
BEYOND Amazing tour!

Jimmy Napoli is a Hamilton(and BEYOND!) Wikipedia. His knowledge and his passion to share... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $40.00
from $35.00
from $64.00
More Info
All reviews alexander hamilton jimmy napoli harlem tour fraunces tavern founding fathers wall street revolutionary war walking tour wealth of knowledge open house washington heights american history early history amazing knowledge new york his passion subject matter
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was a fantastic tour that completely changed my view of lower Manhattan! Jimmy Napoli is so charismatic, funny and is quite the expert. I learned so much, and I highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

Jimmy's knowledge of Hamilton, and his role in the founding years of our country was superb! He could provide details of the negotiations regarding the establishment of the federal treasury in exchange for the relocation of the country's capital, on the one hand, and could also describe the sibling like competition between Hamilton and Jefferson, for Washington's attention...FASCINATING!

Reviewed July 29, 2019

I took this tour with my 18 yo daughter and a good friend along with her 19 yo daughter and her best friend (who is a huge Hamilton fan). We really enjoyed Jimmy's style and were blown away by his knowledge. Highly recommend this tour for history buffs, not just Hamilton fans.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

We had a great experience with Eve and Asja’s as guides, they talked very detailed about the spots we visited and made it so much fun for my 9 year old, they were very dedicated. They recommended more places to visit and all related to our visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

My 10 year old daughter and I joined Jimmy this morning for a 4 hour walking tour of lower Manhattan. Jimmy is an acclaimed expert on the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton, the other founding fathers, and American history. His knowledge is encyclopaedic and his delivery is dramatic and highly engaging. Kept both myself and my daughter enthralled for the whole time. We visited Battery Park, an old Tavern, Trinity Church, Federal Hall, Wall Street and other secret spots related to the life and times of Alexander Hamilton. At many times we felt like we were in the middle of an amazing play as Jimmy recreated the stories of the American War of Independence, the early years of the Republic, and Hamilton's tumultuous life and relationships. My daughter, who is a huge fan of Hamilton the musical, loved the many times that the tour intersected with the various songs from the show. And I appreciated how well Jimmy brought to life key values and ideas that America's founding fathers lived and died for, which are still incredibly relevant today: including issues relevant to the Constitution, the financial system, immigration, trade, the free press. I can't recommend this tour enough. Jimmy is a virtuoso in every way and if your love Hamilton the musical or your just love history, don't delay. Other tours may be cheaper but our group was tiny compared to other groups we saw walking around (just 3 of us compared to 15-20 in other tour groups) and the play-like delivery of the information was worth every dollar.

Date of experience: June 2019