“Interesting Menu”
Review of VCafe

VCafe
Reserve with OpenTable
VCafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,460 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Description: VCafe is the perfect place for receptions and parties, from small gatherings of 20 to larger groups of 50. They have a serene setting, delectable dishes, and refreshing cocktails. Their full bar offers the best in Vietnamese beer that you won't be able to find anywhere else. If you have an event or want to enjoy VCafe cuisine in your own home, they cater and deliver!
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Food was different but good. Went with a colleague for lunch and they were quick to get the food to us. Overall enjoyable.

Lan C, Owner at VCafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

AdrienneGlobeTrotter, glad to hear you and your colleague enjoyed lunch with us! Thanks for the compliments! Best, Lan, Owner and Chef

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I actually eat here fairly often for very good food, at very good prices. I usually get one of the noodle bowls: either the Charred Beef (Bo Nuong) or the Grilled Marinated Prawns (Tom Nuong). They are light and tasty.

The condiments on the table let you customize your food, and the chili sauce is great. But be warned, it had a delayed reaction. You really only need a bit.... :)

Lan C, Owner at VCafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dana, great advice! I'm sure your fellow TripAdvisor users will appreciate it. The Bo Nuong and Tom Nuong are excellent recommendations. Thanks for sharing, and we look forward to seeing you again! Best, Lan, Owner and Chef

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Tried Viet Cafe for a weekday lunch on a very cold summer day in NYC. We both had a soup- great flavours, big serves and this was the first place in NYC where we liked the coffee. Restaurant has a nice lunchtime vibe.

Walked past Viet Cafe at dinner time. It didn't seem as packed but would recommend it if you want to eat quickly or are travelling solo.

Lan C, Owner at VCafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

AustTraveller001, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you could stop in for something hot on a cold day. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Vietnamese Coffee. It's a must-have! Thanks for recommending us! Best, Lan, Owner and Chef

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We happened upon viet cafe (aka vcafe), and we're pleasantly surprised. The host/waiter was pleasant and welcoming. The offered a few lunch specials, because they were out of one, the essentially extended the special price across to the items we ordered, much or our surprise. Saving us a few dollars. The bang was excellent, and reasonalbley priced for the City. The menu did not , for the most part, shave vietnamese names for the items so I was not always certain hat they mapped to the Vietnamese dishes I am familiar with.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

This restaurant is near my office-- I went with two friends for dinner. I have been meaning to write a review for a while. The food was decent Vietnamese, though I wasn't wowed, but what was really annoying was the mediocre service. Maybe we weren't young enough to get the waitstaffs' attention, but there's no excuse for rudeness. I won't be back (and most of the time I write nice things about restaurants I have visited). With all the asian restaurants to choose from in NYC, I wouldn't pick this one.