“Great good, cheap prices, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of VCafe

VCafe
Reserve with OpenTable
VCafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,115 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Description: VCafe is the perfect place for receptions and parties, from small gatherings of 20 to larger groups of 50. They have a serene setting, delectable dishes, and refreshing cocktails. Their full bar offers the best in Vietnamese beer that you won't be able to find anywhere else. If you have an event or want to enjoy VCafe cuisine in your own home, they cater and deliver!
Queensland, Australia
“Great good, cheap prices, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Tried Viet Cafe for a weekday lunch on a very cold summer day in NYC. We both had a soup- great flavours, big serves and this was the first place in NYC where we liked the coffee. Restaurant has a nice lunchtime vibe.

Walked past Viet Cafe at dinner time. It didn't seem as packed but would recommend it if you want to eat quickly or are travelling solo.

Lan C, Owner at VCafe, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
AustTraveller001, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you could stop in for something hot on a cold day. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Vietnamese Coffee. It's a must-have! Thanks for recommending us! Best, Lan, Owner and Chef

Newton, Massachusetts
“Friendly service, nice atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We happened upon viet cafe (aka vcafe), and we're pleasantly surprised. The host/waiter was pleasant and welcoming. The offered a few lunch specials, because they were out of one, the essentially extended the special price across to the items we ordered, much or our surprise. Saving us a few dollars. The bang was excellent, and reasonalbley priced for the City. The menu did not , for the most part, shave vietnamese names for the items so I was not always certain hat they mapped to the Vietnamese dishes I am familiar with.

• Visited March 2012
New York, NY
“OK food but slow unfriendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

This restaurant is near my office-- I went with two friends for dinner. I have been meaning to write a review for a while. The food was decent Vietnamese, though I wasn't wowed, but what was really annoying was the mediocre service. Maybe we weren't young enough to get the waitstaffs' attention, but there's no excuse for rudeness. I won't be back (and most of the time I write nice things about restaurants I have visited). With all the asian restaurants to choose from in NYC, I wouldn't pick this one.

• Visited October 2011
New Delhi, India
“Nice change... perfect for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

Nice food, crisp service. I loved the vegetarian selection on the menu. This place is perfect for office lunch... though a tab overpriced. I loved their interiors as well. Will definitely visit again

• Visited January 2011
New York
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

Nice food, efficient staff, buzz - perfect place for lunch