Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Engagement ring for my niece

I received the privilege of helping my nieces future husband purchase and design her engagement... read more

Reviewed April 18, 2019

from $56.00
from $54.95
from $37.00
More Info
All reviews engagement ring diamond earrings custom designed beautiful items jewelry stone jewellers purchase shop nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I have been coming to Norman Landsberg since the mid to late 1980s. Hadn't been there in a while, but we came back in June 2018 to make up a couple of pieces from my wife's old ring and my late mother's engagement ring. Norman is still coming in 6 days a week even though he is 92. His depth of experience is far beyond most jewelers given that he has been on 47th Street since 1948 and has seen everything. He knows what works and what doesn't. We spent a good amount of time working with Jessica and also with Jeffrey and his wife Susan. They were gracious and accommodating. As we worked on figuring out what we were going to make up, rings were cleaned, my wedding band was resized and polished, and we caught up with the Landsberg family. Ultimately, we had two terrific pieces made up to house the diamonds we had from the old rings. Jessica found the perfect yellow gold chain to go with the earing housing for the smaller stone for my wife to wear as an everyday piece. This chain is discontinued, but Jessica remembered it and we got the last one. My mother's stone was set into a beautiful halo with a great white gold chain with diamonds in the links. The craftsmen who do the soldering and cutting are right around the corner in another booth and they also were very accommodating so that we got the right length on the chain and the right lay for the halo. Secret tip: go see them Saturday morning. Less crowded and more time to figure out what you want. Norman also sells some very interesting designer pieces from Italy. There are very few jewelers with the knowledge and caring of the Landsberg crew. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: June 2018
JeffLandsberg, Owner at Norman Landsberg, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We value you and your family, and appreciate your continued loyalty. We are so pleased to hear of your satisfaction! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I started doing business with Norman and his outstanding team on the recommendation of a work associate at ADP HQ back in the mid '80s. More than 30 years later, 27 years after a permanent relocation to San Francisco, Landsberg is still my one and only, go-to jeweler. Why? Consistently great service, first-rate merchandise and great prices. Why risk buying from anybody else? Plus it gives me an excuse to come to Manhattan now and then.

My wife and I did just that last week. Jessica was totally prepared in advance and spent more than an hour with us. Not only did my wife pick up three beautiful items, Norman, the boss, cleaned a bunch of her older pieces while she was choosing the new ones. You can't beat old school customer service combined with the utmost integrity!

Date of experience: June 2018

We are so happy that you continue to come visit us! We always try to do our best and we are grateful for your continued loyalty! Norman sets the tone for us all. Theres no one like him!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

After 38 years I have the most beautiful ring thanks to Jessica at Norman Landsberg.

The diamond in my setting came loose and My husband suggested we keep the uniques design of the band, but upgrade the size and quality of the diamond. We called in advance and described what we were looking to do. Jessica had set aside several diamonds. She was patient as we balanced different diamonds in the setting. She was very knowledgeable and discussed how the work would be done, the schedule and gave me her card and cell phone if I had any concerns. She had the rings polished and they look like new, in fact, maybe better. The diamond is amazing.
Thank you for your knowledgeable and beautiful work!

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you!! Jessica is amazing and we are so glad that you are happy with the results. Hope to see you again soon! We pride ourselves on being prepared and working hard for you. Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

I returned to Norman Landsberg (10 years later) for my 20 year anniversary gift after purchasing diamond earrings for my 10th anniversary. I wasn't disappointed. Both times I had Nanci as my sales person and I was extremely pleased and satisfied with my purchase. I called ahead for an appointment and when I showed up, Nanci was ready with bezel set diamond necklesses for me to look at. Like ten years before, I felt comfortable that I was getting a high quality item at a fair price. Mr Landsberg, his son, and as expected, Nanci were kind and friendly. They were interested in helping me find the right gift. I would recommend Norman Landsberg and his staff to anyone who wants a low pressure, friendly and enjoyable shopping experience.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank probet

Nanci is wonderful and we are so pleased that you're happy with your experience. We appreciate your continued loyalty to us. At 92 years old, Norman sets the tone of hard work and fairness for us all. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I have been going to Landsberg for many years and am especially fond of Jeff and his family and staff. The are friendly but more importantly they are professional businessmen with the upmost integrity. The last time I was there, they repaired a few pieces of jewelry and I never felt any pressure to update or buy new items. Although I don't go there as often as I use to, I am always amazed at their hospitality and warmth. Additionally, they do carry an excellent selection and quality of jewels. And if you don't see what you want they will get it for you or design it. My thanks especially to Stella for taking care of me

Date of experience: April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. Stella is amazing, and we are very grateful to you for returning to us. Our clients and word of mouth are our strongest assets, (besides Norman of course)! We hope to see you again soon!