“Tasty Korean soul food in bustling setting!”
Review of Her Name Is Han

Her Name Is Han
Get food delivered
Ranked #86 of 13,759 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: This Place is Temporarily Closed.
Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

Glad we had reservations for this popular eatery. Homey narrow interior with concrete floors, rustic wood tables and somewhat noisy interior in the main front dining area. My friend and I sat toward the back of the dining room where there were approximately five tables separated by a wooden partition. The place settings were minimal and attractive with custom stoneware. My friend and I both had the Yakju cocktails; I had the lychee and she had the maesil. Both were refreshing and barely sweet. The banchan was wonderful; all sides were fresh and tasty. We started with the tuna sashimi with Asian pears and cucumbers. The dish was bright, slightly acidic and mildly sweet. We shared the large hotpot of spicy assorted seafood & pork dumpling soup......delicious! After the appetizer and banchan, we could not eat the whole pot, but we tried. Service was very attentive and our water glasses were filled many times without asking. Can’t wait to return and try more dishes. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (290)

Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

Went there on a weekday lunchtime and we’re lucky to get a table without waiting. Be warned - it’s cash only for lunch. The food is great, we went for the spicy hot pot and boy, it was spicy, but not just raw heat but tasty. And also the mackerel dish. The lunchtime meals come with a selection of classic Korean side-dishes. It’s a noisy, no frills fun eating house. What more can you ask for a lunch place

3  Thank andrew-jerusalem
Reviewed October 14, 2019

This is a great restaurant, taking into account food (excellent, not great) along with ambience and value. My guest and I were among the 20% of Caucasian diners, which was fine. We were ~30 years older than any of the other guests, which was also fine. I don't often feel like one of the cool kids.

The food is superb, like going to a great diner that somehow migrated from South Carolina to South Korea. The fried chicken is world-class, but the corn and potato croquettes were even better. The wine list is tiny but excellent.

Don't show up without a reservation! The people that walked in ahead of us were told the wait for a table was 1 1/2 hours.

Dan Kravitz

2  Thank Dan K
Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

Great food with decent prices. Wouldn’t miss it if I didn’t have to. This is a must when I go back...

1  Thank 356lenniel
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Took my son here at his request and it was fantastic. We were able to get a reservation within 40 minutes of walking up and it was worth our wait. Tried multiple dishes and they all hit the jackpot. The pork dishes were especially tasty as was the tuna ceviche. excellent!!

Date of visit: August 2019