“Relaxed atmosphere in hells kitchen.”
Review of The House of Brews

Ranked #1,273 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: This cozy neighborhood Hell's Kitchen beer cave offers a laid back atmosphere with down-to-earth staff & a great selection of craft brews from around the world! Your local bar with your favorite beer & soon-to-be favorite beer--we have a rotating beer list for those who always want to try something new, and a permanent list for those who love their old standbys.
“Relaxed atmosphere in hells kitchen.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here unplanned and were thrilled we did. My husband raved about the crispy fries, his brother said it was the best burger he had in NY. I had bangers and mash that were great. Only thing we would change is the fact that there are no Canadian beers on the import list, tons of countries except your neighbours.

• Visited June 2013
Patrick S, Manager at The House of Brews, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hey there Meghen,

I just wanted to drop a quick line & say thank you very much for reviewing our establishment here on Trip Advisor after your recent visit from & for some of the nice things you had to say. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the food offerings & found the atmosphere relaxing! Our service & kitchen teams will be very happy to hear you had a great experience! I do apologize we did not have any Canadian imports stocked at the moment, I will look into bringing some in for future visits.

Feedback, good or bad , is very important for us to be able to grow & better our selves in providing our guests with quality food, drink & service. We understand there are always ways to improve! Ask for me by name the next time you are in for a complimentary beverage. In the mean time, I will be sure to let the staff here know of your compliments!

Thank you again. We look forward to you joining us again some time during your next visit to NYC. Enjoy the rest of your week!

House of Brews
Operations Manager
Email - PSchmidt@hkhgroup.com

“Great place with tons of beers !”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Server was awesome. Huge selection of awesome beers. Hummus app was great. Hubby's cheeseburger was great. My BBQ chicken sliders we below average that's why food got a 4. Otherwise very cool place.

• Visited May 2013
Patrick S, Manager at The House of Brews, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Melanie!

Happy Wednesday to you! Thank you very much for reviewing our establishment here on Trip Advisor & for some of the nice things you had to say. I am very happy to hear you & your husband enjoyed the service & beer offerings!

Feedback, good or bad , is very important for us to be able to grow & better our selves in providing our guests with quality food, drink & service. We understand there are always ways to improve! Ask for me by name the next time you are in town for a complimentary beverage.

Thank you again. We look forward to you guys joining us again some time soon. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Wantage, United Kingdom
“Beers!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of draft beers with a rotating selection of specials. Great knowledgeable staff and good value.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank aerostef
Patrick S, Manager at The House of Brews, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello there!

Happy Tuesday to you! Thank you very much for reviewing our establishment here on Trip Advisor & for some of the nice things you had to say. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself here & that you find the beer list to your liking!

Thank you again. We look forward to you and your guests joining us again some time soon. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Montgomery, Alabama
“A great first night!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family went to The House of Brews on our first night in town. Wonderful atmosphere and lots of TVs to watch basketball. My husband liked the beer selelction! The only complaint I had was that we asked for our sliders with no pink and one of the sliders was pretty red inside. Everything was very tasty though and our waitress was very nice. I would go back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank higandhug
Patrick S, Manager at The House of Brews, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello there!

Thank you very much for reviewing our establishment here on Trip Advisor & for some of the nice things you had to say. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself here & that you find the food offerings affordable & to your liking. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our entire staff here; including our head Chef & the service staff! They will be joyed to hear it I am sure!

I do apologize that your sliders were not cooked exactly to your liking! Thank you for not letting this mistake deter you from enjoying your experience with us! Feedback, good or bad , is very important for us to be able to grow & better our selves in providing our guests with quality food, drink & service. We understand there are always ways to improve! Ask for me by name the next time you & your family are in town from Alabama for a complimentary beverage.

Thank you again. We look forward to you guys joining us again some time soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Syracuse, New York
“Thank-you!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friends and I were in town for the Big East tournament and the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was the only bar/pub that we went into that was willing to turn the sound on while we watched the games. Must be a NYC thing? Watching sports on tv with the music blasting. The bartenders were wonderful and the food was terrific. Will go there again next time I'm in town.

Visited March 2013