“Tasty food, good portions, great value!”
Review of Sushi Lounge - CLOSED

Sushi Lounge
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: East Village
York
“Tasty food, good portions, great value!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We came here for a quick dinner - the service was smart and prompt, the environment was busy and cheery. You get the feeling that this is the sort of place that gets Regulars, which is always a good sign!

The value is great (50% off sushi at certain times over a certain amount), I had Miso soup, a roll and six pieces of sushi, and it was all delicious and nicely presented. The red wine was also lovely, v flowery. My husband had a Japanese beer that he really enjoyed, and my friend had one of the several teas available. It all went down great.

The only slight downside was that the layout's a bit snug - we were sitting in the back on one side of the narrow pathway through the restaurant, and whenever people walked past, to get to tables or the bathroom, my chair got bumped. That was a bit annoying, but not a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.

We had to dash because we had an appointment elsewhere, but on the whole we had a lovely time and would happily go again for the nice environment, great value and delicious food.

• Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
“My friends and I go here...”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My friends and I go here once a month for the prices more then anything. Sushi is sushi but this place has healthy servings, yummy specialty rolls which are not completely filled with rice to compensate for the lower pricing. A great place to go with friends, fast service and great location.

“Great prices (currently...”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Great prices (currently, everything is 50% off) and good selection. Try the crunchy crab roll!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The special rolls are pretty good, and holy crap is this place easy on the pockets!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice decor. Terrible sushi.”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Nice decor. Terrible sushi.