“Perfect evening from start to finish!”
Review of Bangkok House

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R to 42nd St. Times Square
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Perfect evening from start to finish!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I hosted a group of 10 for dinner last evening at Bangkok House. It was my first visit to this restaurant and I will admit that I was hesitant about making the reservation since I was not able to try the restaurant beforehand. What a perfect evening from start to finish! We were seated very quickly and ice water was immediately served.

Nobody else in our group had ever tried Thai food before and the prix fixe dinner menu was ideal. And an amazing value at $16.95 to include soup (I loved the spicy shrimp soup), Thai salad with traditional peanut dressing, steamed dumpling appetizer (on par with the best that I have ever had), stir fry (choice of beef, chicken, pork or vegetable) with seven different sauce selections (or pad thai) and dessert (delicious). The service was prompt and attentive. Everybody in our group praised the quality of the food and the Thai dining experience.

Many thanks for such a perfect evening. No doubt we will return again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank WorldXTraveler

Hamilton, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We visited Bangkok House for Thai during our stay in NYC based on the reviews of our fellow TripAdvisors. The servers were friendly and quick and the food was unique and very delicious. We had the curry puffs as an app, and then the pad thai and the cashew chicken. Quick and tasty, definitely worth a visit if you're in Hell's Kitchen!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank anywherebuthere04
London, United Kingdom
“Great Thai food in Hell's Kitchen”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We found this restaurant by chance and decided to give it a go. Despite it being October, the weather was incredibly mild so we sat right at the front of the restaurant. The food was very good; the Tom Kha Gai was very good indeed and overall the price was very reasonable.

Visited October 2013
Leander, Texas
“thai with just the right heat”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stopped by tonight to get some Thai and stumbled on a great place. My wife had the mango bass with rice and I had the prix fix with spicy shrimp soup, Thai salad with peanut dressing, pork and vegetables and rice with pad ped sauce and coconut ice cream. Perfect portions and both meals were just right with the spices hot enough to let you know you were at a Thai restaurant but not so hot you leave with a burning mouth. So much better than a nearby place we recently tried.

• Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Perhaps our favorite restaurant this trip”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant as our 'pre-Wicked' dinner. We ordered the pad thai with shrimp and the red curry with chicken and shared the 2 dishes. Thai food is my weakness and this restaurant did not let me down. The pad thai was our preferred dish, but both were very good. Besides being our favorite meal on the trip, it was also our most inexpensive. Had we discovered it earlier in the trip I likely would have been lobbying to eat there every day. The space is small but well utilized. It was also probably the cheapest place that we saw for drinks - i personally didn't have one as I was worried about restrooms at Wicked, but hubby had a mojito that he enjoyed. Go, go, go to this restaurant. And, if we are in town, please save us a table!

• Visited October 2013