“Good place with tasty food”
Review of Caffe Linda - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between lexington and 3rd ave
Transit: 4,5,6 to 51 Street and Lexington or E,M to Lexington and 53rd Street
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Both dishes was very tasty. Friendly staff. Everything was good! Quite place for cosy lunch. In the evening there was only 2 free tables during our visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Myself my mother & my sister visited New York in sept 2011(not 2012 as states elsewhere) & stayed in apartments next door to this "caffe" On our first night we decided to eat there as it was on the doorstep, What a mistake!! we ordered a lasagne & two carbonara's, one lemonade, one coke & a glass of wine. we were presented with two glasses along with cans of pop! & a glass of dry white wine(nothing fancy) the size a sommelier offers as a "taster" of the bottle!!
When our meals arrived they were very small portions, (more like starters) & the lasagne was bubbling unnaturally (it was of a nuclear temperature that immediately indicated it had been microwaved for FAR TOO LONG) the meals were to say the least awful.
the next shock was the $90+ bill!!!(approx £60!!) when asked for a break down of the bill, they were extremely sketchy but pointed out the $9 for the thimble of wine, & roughly $20 gratuity charge!!! I asked for the gratuity charge to be removed (as they should not have assumed on our "tip" & that gratuity should only be automatically added when groups of 6 or more are dining!) We paid the revised bill begrudgingly & refused to leave a tip.
This place was a total rip off obviously tourists get taken for a expensive ride.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

As I was staying in a hotel that was a bit off my beaten path when I visit New York, I was unsure of restaurants in the area. What a pleasure to discover a small gem like Caffe Linda. This is what I look for in a New York restaurant. Caffe Linda is small, friendly, clearly a favorite of people who live in the area. We saw tables with three generations coming together for a family meal. While there are no pretensions, it is still classy. And the food is very fine indeed. When in doubt, give me a good Italian meal, and Caffe Linda did. With good wines, pleasant service, and some good old New York people watching thrown in. A pleasure to eat here. Tried another Italian place on the block after this experience, and it could not have been more disheartening. Stick with Caffe Linda. If you are at the Marriott or the Barclay, it's a short walk around the corner.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We thought this quite a find. We walked there from our hotel, the Waldorf Astoria, in midtown (just a couple of blocks away) and had a memorable meal. We had our two children (ages 7 & 8) with us, and although they were the only children in the restaurant, the staff was great with them and we had a relaxed, comfortable experience. We also met friends there and our group was universally pleased with the food, the atmosphere, and the service. The owner interacted with us several times and was most gracious and personable. Without question we would go there again on our next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We met some old friends at Caffe Linda this evening with our two daughters, 8 and 7. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is not large, but it is airy and does not feel at all cramped.

The food was excellent. I had the homemade lobster ravioli, and my wife had pasta with fresh salmon and cream sauce. The girls had spagetti with butter, but the younger could not stop eating my wife's salmon.

The restaurant is very close to the Waldorf, where we were staying, so it was very simple. The prices are reasonable and with an "A rating" the restaurant is very clean.

We did have desert - the coconut sorbet was a highlight, as was the chocolate moose. By the time we left at 8:30 on a Sunday evening, it was getting crowded, but when we arrived at 6:30, it was very quiet: the perfect spot to catch up with old friends and relax.