“Good food, good atmosphere, great service”
Review of Havana Central - CLOSED

Havana Central
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 113th and 114th Streets
Transit: The 1 Subway line to 110th or 116th Streets. The 104 Bus stops at 113th Street and the M4 stops at 110th Street.
Description: Havana Central at the West End transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics. Havana Central at the West End was voted one of the Top 10 Best Places in New York for Groups by OpenTable diners, so gather your loved ones and celebrate the Cuban culture with hot jazz, fine dining and delicious mojiots!
Indiana
“Good food, good atmosphere, great service”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hostess wanted to seat us right next to where the band was setting up. I demurred, she said they wouldn't play for an hour, not a good sign since I thought it meant we would be hurried through dinner. That wasn't the case. We sat in the back a table for 4.

Appetizers were the empanadas. Very nice, goat cheese and spinach were the best.

I had the pork sampler, which is pretty much a "tower-o'-pork. Glazed bites were good, rib glaze was excellent though the ribs themselves were a little tough, the pulled pork was outstanding. Going back I'd go just for the pulled pork. Dessert was Churros with caramel and chocolate--really outstanding.

Service was great, the waiter was there when we needed him but not at all overbearing. Perfect.

Prices are reasonable. There is outside dining which would be fun, but too long a wait for us.

Good place

• Visited June 2012

Bronx, New York
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The lobster stuffed avocado appetizer was delicious--a perfect way to start the meal. The ropa vieja (marinated shredded skirt steak w/onions and peppers) was moist and packed with flavor. The servers are attentive without being overbearing, and the atmosphere was lively.

• Visited June 2012
Clarks Summit
“I love this place"”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch on a recent weekend to NYC. The atmosphere was wonderful. I could picture Fidel and Raul strolling through. The hostess very nice and friendly. The wait staff wonderful. The food INCREDIBLE. Arroz con Pollo, black bean soup were both incredible. Price reasonable. Drinks, fresh made lime aid out of this world. True cuban food. Not to be confused with mexican and certainly not overly spicy. Just on point.

• Visited April 2012
New York
“Delicious food, wonderful service and great caribbean atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The chicken soup (asopao de pollo) is always delicious. That was my first course. I had a shrimp dish with garlic sauce and my daughter had the ropa vieja which is shredded beef and both of our dishes were right on the money and we ended with delicious cafe con leche and creamy flan. This is now my favorite cuban restaurant in the city. This is my fourth time there and I have never been disappointed with my meal experience.

• Visited February 2012
long island
“Cuban Yum”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I had the Pork Mofongo, very good. David had the Paella, he ate the whole thing. OMG! It is loud, there was a band. It set the mood. Our waiter Ivan was fun.

Visited February 2012